TWBoards.com

The official community for Territory War

You are not logged in.

#1 7/24/2010 12:20 am

Negative000
Website

Standard Clan War Rules

This is the standardized list of clan war rules.

These rules must be followed in all wars unless both clans explicitly agree otherwise prior to warring.  If clans use their own rules, they must explicitly agree upon anything that differs from this rule set prior to the war.  Having the rules posted on their site does not qualify as "explicit agreement".  For example, if a clan allows double jumping in wars, they must, prior to the war, tell opposing clans that they allow double jumping.

War Rules

These rules relate to the organization of clan wars and what conditions cause players to forfeit their matches.

(1) Players must decide who gets which side first game. If no resolution is agreed upon, sides will be determined by whomever challenges first. If either player wishes to switch sides after any game of a series that did not end in a draw or disconnection, players must switch sides.

(2) Wars involve any amount of players, so long as the war configuration is agreed on by the opposing clans.

(3) Only members of the clan designated to accept wars by the clan leader(s) may do so. In the instance of a "friendly" war, the winning clan records a war victory while the losing clan does not record a war loss.

(4) Once the war is complete, the result should be scrolled, blogged, edited into the site, or otherwise recorded.

(5) Player matches must be made prior to the start of the war, and all players must know who they are playing.  Both leaders must agree to the pairings. All war series must begin at roughly the same time (not the next day or a few weeks later).

(6) There is no time limit for a war. Tiebreakers may be conducted at a later time if need be.

(7) In the event of a tie, a member from each clan is selected to perform a tiebreaker. These may or may not be people who have previously participated in the war. Both clans must agree on who will do the tiebreaker.

(7) Substitutions may be made at any time during the war for any match as long as it is agreed on by the opposing war leaders.

(8) Disconnections:

- If a single player disconnects twice in one series, the player receives a single game loss.  If a player disconnects a third time in the same series, they receive a second loss, thus losing the series.

- If the player who is losing significantly disconnects, he or she receives a single game loss. This does not count as a disconnection for purposes of the 2 disconnections = 1 loss rule.

Standard Gameplay Rules

These are rules regarding gameplay.  Prior to warring, should clans agree to use "standard rules," this is what they will be referring to.

(1) Each series is played in sets of 3 games. The victor of each match is the first player to win 2 of those 3 games.

(2) The winning clan is the clan that wins the most series during the course of the war.

(3) All matches are played with 4 or more stick figures per team on a randomly chosen stage.

(4) Any clan member who intentionally glitches, hacks, or otherwise cheats is automatically disqualified from AT LEAST the game in which he or she did so.  This includes: double jump, triple jump, teleport, float, all trainers, game windows of nonstandard size, zooming in or out, and all other forms of hacking.

Shooting through walls is not considered a glitch and is allowed.

(5) Unintentional glitches can occur.  If so, the glitching party is obligated to undo the effects of the glitch and restore the previous state of the match to the best of his or her ability.  Specifically, if one's stick figure accidentally teleports, he or she must move it back to the place it was standing before it teleported if it is possible to do so.

Ambiguities

When challenging a clan who has their own war rules posted and easily accessible, you must abide by their rules regarding any issues not covered in the above ruleset unless explicitly agreed upon otherwise.  Ignorance of their specified warring rules is not an acceptable excuse.  Here are some things to watch out for:

(1) Rules regarding disconnections may differ from what is listed here.  One disconnection = one loss must be explicitly agreed upon, but any other disconnection rules a clan has will override the rules specified here, provided that the rules are specified clearly.

i.e. If all your rule says is "2 d/c = 1 loss", and a player d/cs a second time while losing significantly, and then they d/c a third time in a later match, they receive a second loss on d/cs because the d/c while losing significantly counted as a regular loss and not a d/c as per the rules here.  If you want to use other rules, you must specify them clearly.

(2) It is not specified here that, in the case of a draw or disconnection, players must NOT switch sides.

(3) It is not specified here that, should the same stage be randomly chosen consecutively, another stage should (or should not) be chosen.

(4) It is not specified here how much a player must be leading by in order to receive a win for his or her opponent's disconnection. (Example: Player A has full health and 5 stick figures vs Player B who has 2 health and 1 stick figure. Player B disconnects.)

(5) It is not specified here that should a player glitch or cheat, he or she does or does not forfeit his or her entire series in the war.

Last edited by exe.Cute (7/13/2011 7:05 pm)

#2 7/24/2010 12:26 am

exe.Cute

Re: Standard Clan War Rules

I was about to make a topic but I'll just throw what I had on here.

The current clan war system tends to be lacking in organization and a lot of wars end up with some situation where the clan leaders have to agree on how to resolve a dispute between clans, as there is no standard set of rules for certain common situations.  This is all well and good, except a lot of these disputes don't end up being settled very well, and losing clans/clan members tend to get offended when they believe that the choice of resolution cost them the war.

So let's discuss general practice and see if we can establish a working set of rules for wars.  Additionally, I don't think the clan war system is particularly good for determining which of two clans is better, so we can discuss that here, too, afterwards.

Here's my working set of rules.  I'm a little draconian.

* General / Conduct

1) Clans have honor.  Disregarding these rules or otherwise cheating is dishonorable.

2) Only members of a clan designated to initiate wars may do so.  These members represent the clan in terms of honor.

3) If a clan declines a war, calling them cowardly or otherwise badgering them is inappropriate.

4) Clans should feel free to decline wars with clans they feel are dishonorable for no other reason.

5) Members of the opposing clan may not be banned from chat during the course of a war or immediately following unless they are spamming or otherwise breaking the rules of the clan or chat.

6) Once a decision is made by the war leaders, arguing about it is inappropriate.  If need be, you or your clan may be disqualified for doing so.

7) If at any point the leaders cannot agree on something, then the war ends.  Both clans may report wins if they wish, though doing so when you have no legitimate claim to the win is dishonorable.

8) You are encouraged to discuss honor with other clans.  Dishonorable clans should be considered inferior, regardless of the skill of their members, and should have a much harder time in finding wars.  However, slandering another clan makes YOUR clan dishonorable.

* Technical

9) All of these rules may be waived by discussion between war leaders, and it is preferable to do so.  However, should a dispute arise, these rules specify who gets the win.

10) You are obligated to take screenshots of all match results.  Should a dispute arise regarding the outcome of a match, the screenshots take priority and those without screenshots forfeit any claim they had to the win.  Screenshots of agreements and decisions should be taken as well.

11) If you disconnect, you lose.  Your opponent may choose to give you the win or allow for a rematch if they wish, but they are under no obligation to do so.  However, if an opponent disconnects while they are clearly winning, then forcing them to take the loss should be considered dishonorable.

12) Clan wars are allocated 90 minutes.  If you have to leave prior to 90 minutes after the start of the war, you may not participate in the war.  Substitutions may be made upon agreement, but if a clan member leaves prior to 90 minutes, the other clan can accept that player's forfeit if they so choose without regard to the wishes of the leaving member's clan.  After 90 minutes, anything goes so the leaders must agree on something (see rule 7).  Record the starting time of the war so you know when 90 minutes is.

13) Exact matches must be made prior to the start of the war.  Both leaders must agree to the pairings.  All war matches must begin at roughly the same time, by an "Okay, BEGIN" message or something similar, at which point challenges are issued.  This is the official starting time of the war.  Any member absent five minutes after this starting time forfeits all of their matches.  Clans are responsible for making sure all their members are present prior to the war.

14) These rules are easily abused.  Intentionally doing so will be obvious and is considered dishonorable.

Discuss.

While no longer active on these forums, I'm available by email if you'd like to talk to me.

#3 7/24/2010 12:43 am

Twinfan

NO FRIENDLY'S!!!! A LOSS IS A LOSS

http://i29.tinypic.com/2iapgqo.jpg
I am no longer an active member of Twboards, but if you need--or want--to talk to me, I have left the option of sending an email available. If you abuse it or spam me or something, I will A) Promptly remove the email option, and B) Hunt you to the ends of the Earth. Choose wisely and I wish you all the best of luck...

#4 7/24/2010 12:47 am

Negative000
Website

I feel as though everything under the General/Conduct category is implied. People know what is, and what is not, honorable. I have a feeling that most of these things are addressed in the morals of the clan leaders themselves. It is the clan leader's job to control the effect of their member's slander. Of course, there will still be arguing amongst people, but the overall outcome should be contained by the clan leaders.

In the Technical category, I feel as though 90 minutes (Rule 12) is a bit harsh. If you want the same opponent, give them a day, or perhaps 12 hours? Maybe a compromise is available here. I would like this Rule to be further discussed, since it seems to really be an irritating problem. The disconnection rule (Rule 11) is also one to be disputed. I agree with you here, but no one likes an unfair loss, or a loss that's not controllable. Breaking rules is dishonorable, but like I stated in a similar post...

Negative000 wrote:

we should be honorable and honest in what we do on this game, as we are in real life. The only problem with that is the fact that most people are pretty damn dishonest, if you work at any type of retail business (like myself), you will know that people will try anything to get a steal on something.There is no way that everyone in the game will ever be fair, and there is no way we can rely on honesty, even though we have some very honest people in the game.

not many give a crap about being honorable.

A thought on Rule 7: People would bolster their clan War Records with this rule. They would intentionally start arguments over petty things to end a war if they're losing, just so they can post another win. Sometimes we need to think around these rules like the kids already do. I'll add in Rule 13 to the list and change the formatting to something easier to read. big_smile

Also, thanks for the input Twin. I think friendly wars are a waste of time and only help boost war records without the possibility of a loss.

Last edited by Negative000 (7/24/2010 12:50 am)

#5 7/24/2010 12:53 am

2green11.ownz.all

Eh, I agree with a lot of what both of you said.

The one point I want to emphasize (made in my previous topic, and blatantly ignored by SEP) is that relying on honor, even from a clan lead by an honorable person, is a ridiculous idea. Screenshots, possibly even video, should be used as proof of various things in wars. It's very simple to take a screenshot, and nobody should have any problem uploading one. This would just prevent any lapses in honor shown by the leader('s') subordinate (which was what I was saying to SEP, which he also ignored). Sure, clans would still probably get angry every-once-and-a-while and dispute things, but at-least there would be proof for others to judge who is lying/telling the truth, or if it's just a general misunderstanding on both parties' parts.

It's simple enough, and one day I would like to see it implemented.

Last edited by 2green11.ownz.all (7/24/2010 12:54 am)

#6 7/24/2010 1:01 am

Tadpole

exe.Cute wrote:

The current clan war system tends to be lacking in organization and a lot of wars end up with some situation where the clan leaders have to agree on how to resolve a dispute between clans, as there is no standard set of rules for certain common situations.  This is all well and good, except a lot of these disputes don't end up being settled very well, and losing clans/clan members tend to get offended when they believe that the choice of resolution cost them the war.

So let's discuss general practice and see if we can establish a working set of rules for wars.  Additionally, I don't think the clan war system is particularly good for determining which of two clans is better, so we can discuss that here, too, afterwards.

* General / Conduct

1) Clans have honor.  Disregarding these rules or otherwise cheating is dishonorable.

2) Only members of a clan designated to initiate wars may do so.  These members represent the clan in terms of honor.

3) If a clan declines a war, calling them cowardly or otherwise badgering them is inappropriate.

4) Clans should feel free to decline wars with clans they feel are dishonorable for no other reason.

5) Members of the opposing clan may not be banned from chat during the course of a war or immediately following unless they are spamming or otherwise breaking the rules of the clan or chat.

6) Once a decision is made by the war leaders, arguing about it is inappropriate.  If need be, you or your clan may be disqualified for doing so.

7) If at any point the leaders cannot agree on something, then the war ends.  Both clans may report wins if they wish, though doing so when you have no legitimate claim to the win is dishonorable.

8) You are encouraged to discuss honor with other clans.  Dishonorable clans should be considered inferior, regardless of the skill of their members, and should have a much harder time in finding wars.  However, slandering another clan makes YOUR clan dishonorable.

* Technical

9) All of these rules may be waived by discussion between war leaders, and it is preferable to do so.  However, should a dispute arise, these rules specify who gets the win.

10) You are obligated to take screenshots of all match results.  Should a dispute arise regarding the outcome of a match, the screenshots take priority and those without screenshots forfeit any claim they had to the win.  Screenshots of agreements and decisions should be taken as well.

11) If you disconnect, you lose.  Your opponent may choose to give you the win or allow for a rematch if they wish, but they are under no obligation to do so.  However, if an opponent disconnects while they are clearly winning, then forcing them to take the loss should be considered dishonorable.

12) Clan wars are allocated 90 minutes.  If you have to leave prior to 90 minutes after the start of the war, you may not participate in the war.  Substitutions may be made upon agreement, but if a clan member leaves prior to 90 minutes, the other clan can accept that player's forfeit if they so choose without regard to the wishes of the leaving member's clan.  After 90 minutes, anything goes so the leaders must agree on something (see rule 7).  Record the starting time of the war so you know when 90 minutes is.

13) Exact matches must be made prior to the start of the war.  Both leaders must agree to the pairings.  All war matches must begin at roughly the same time, by an "Okay, BEGIN" message or something similar, at which point challenges are issued.  This is the official starting time of the war.  Any member absent five minutes after this starting time forfeits all of their matches.  Clans are responsible for making sure all their members are present prior to the war.

14) These rules are easily abused.  Intentionally doing so will be obvious and is considered dishonorable.

Discuss.

BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER

MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

Last edited by Tadpole (7/24/2010 1:02 am)

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. - Henny Youngman
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
If you rape a prostitute, is it shoplifting?
http://two-undead-heros.webs.com/monkey%20glow.gif

#7 7/24/2010 1:08 am

exe.Cute

I really don't think clan honor is general knowledge.  Clans will war whoever with no regards to whether or not the other clan should be a viable war opponent or not.  There's general knowledge of which clans are noob clans, but that's usually because the members are noobs.  And you rarely if ever see someone get kicked out of a clan for poor conduct in wars, which should honestly be happening.

Also, you can already post whatever you want regarding war wins.  Just stating it doesn't change anything.

The point of my set of rules is to a) specify what proper conduct for wars should be, and b) give a default resolution to conflicts.  In my opinion clans that always bitch about wars shouldn't be warring in the first place, and a default resolution to conflicts would remove the necessity for bitching in the first place.

In my opinion a war should be a single concise event, and it should match up a specified set of players against another specified set of players.  It shouldn't be some magical fluid thing where people swap out whenever they feel like and play other people's matches for them.  If you commit to being in a war, you should participate in it instead of leaving halfway through.  Substitutions are confusing, prone to dispute, and kind of ruin the experience when you have to take someone else's win or loss and count it as yours.

Obviously there are emergencies or whatever, and that's when clan leaders should allow for this sort of thing.  But it should be a rare occurrence.

Screenshots alone aren't the miracle cure, because I mean how do you screenshot a disconnection?  How do you screenshot why you have to leave?

While no longer active on these forums, I'm available by email if you'd like to talk to me.

#8 7/24/2010 1:26 am

Negative000
Website

exe.Cute wrote:

I really don't think clan honor is general knowledge.  Clans will war whoever with no regards to whether or not the other clan should be a viable war opponent or not.  There's general knowledge of which clans are noob clans, but that's usually because the members are noobs.  And you rarely if ever see someone get kicked out of a clan for poor conduct in wars, which should honestly be happening.

I see your point Exe. The only thing is, how can you place a set of rules on someones morals? Perhaps this type of thing is better used in the General Clan Rule set, instead of a War Rules set. Maybe we can compact that rule set and make it a bit easier to abide by. I do have a point I'd like to make though: The people in your clan and their attitude reflects directly onto the leaders of said clan. Therefore, conflict resolution, clan morals, conduct before, during, and after wars, should all be controlled to an extent by that leader. If no leader is present, the person in charge of that war is to be the leader.

I agree fully on the substitutions idea. It should be a rare occurrence, i.e. emergencies, and I think clan leaders should have a plan for said event. In that case, perhaps we should tailor Rule #7 to just that, and try to prevent the cowards from leaving all the time.

As for Screen Shots, we shouldn't need them. There are a certain few people you can almost always trust, and there are a certain set of people you never trust. In that case, if no SS is shown, should the match be completely cancelled? You cannot screen the fact that you had to leave all of a sudden. I don't truly know what to do in this case.

#9 7/24/2010 1:31 am

C1nderella..xXx..Man

I don't like the idea of friendly wars and I also agree with Exe.Cute that a disconnection should be a loss. No rematch. No more "if the person that d/c is losing by 2+ ppl they lose, otherwise rematch." I personally have never had a serious problem with d/c. If your computer cant handle playing online then you shouldn't be playing. I also think if would be neat if the Main owners from some of the clans that have withstood the test of time ran sort of a honroable system. Keeps track of which clans do things the right way and are respectful and avoid conflict. I realize this would be nearly impossible but just a thought.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/c1nderellaman/c1nder2.jpg
"The difference between failure and success is doing a thing nearly right and doing it exactly right."
"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination."

#10 7/24/2010 1:40 am

Negative000
Website

Cinderella, first of all, welcome back to the boards. I have a feeling you aren't new. Like you said, an honor system would be too difficult to keep track of, seeing as though everyone has a different concept of "honor". The main thing we individually do already is we keep track of which people are honorable and trustworthy, but those usually have gaping holes and humongous flaws in them. Basically, if we believe the leader of the clan is dishonorable, the whole clan would be. In a sense, we do have a "system", but the system is comprised of our individual concepts of honor. There would never be any way we could create a universal set of honorable beliefs, it would be too similar to a religion, lol. The closest we can get to a system is what we tend to think of certain clans. If a certain clan is a "Noob Clan" or not. Noob Clans are universally accepted (or rejected, depending on how you look at it...).

#11 7/24/2010 2:15 am

C1nderella..xXx..Man

@Negative. Thanks for the welcome. You are right I'm not new.. I agree with all you've said I just get frustrated with clans sometimes lol I don't understand why people just can't be respectful and come to conclusions without conflict. I do think clans need to do a much better job of figuring out ALL details before a war starts. One thing I didn't give my opinion on was substituting. I hate it. It confuses everything and can delay wars for unreasonable amounts of time. I really like Exe.Cute 90 min rule. I think a solution could possible be that each clan declares a specific player ahead of time as a sub. This could possible work.

"The difference between failure and success is doing a thing nearly right and doing it exactly right."
"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination."

#12 7/24/2010 3:59 am

Negative000
Website

It's deep rooted, lol. People will always have disagreements, and if they feel an injustice has been made towards them, they will get even more offended and hostile. Don't exclude the fact that TWO is full of 12-16 year olds. The few people who are actually not that immature are usually 18+ year olds.

As for the substitution, are you thinking about having a designated substitute player? My idea here would be allocate one player per clan to use in case of substitution.

I'm out of ideas at the moment. hmm

#13 7/24/2010 7:00 am

RhineStone Cowboy

I agree that if you leave you cant sub in, because sometimes the sub is just a way better plpayer and it wasn't the original war..

You're not your Facebook status. You're not how many friends you have. You're not your smart phone. You're not your applications. You are not your fucking iPad. You're the all-planking, e-consuming crap of the world.

#14 7/24/2010 1:34 pm

exe.Cute

So the tl;dr version.

Rules

* Disconnection = loss

* If you can't figure out who's warring for you when the war starts, you forfeit.

* Substitutions cannot be made within an hour and half.

* Take screenshots of match outcomes and agreements.

* If anything happens, clan leaders can agree on alternate solutions.

Goals

* The above rules should be the standard resolution, rather than leader agreement for everything.

* Clans should avoid whining when these things occur.

What about ties?  I think tiebreakers are inherently unfair and if clans tie then the war outcome should be a tie.

#15 7/24/2010 2:07 pm

RhineStone Cowboy

Rules I disagree with thus far :

Negative000 wrote:

(2) Fair skill matchups or fair position matchups. For example: a player with 1000 wins should play another with equal wins. Or, Owner vs Owner.

(5) Only Owners may call or accept real clan wars, Mods may call and accept friendly clan wars.*

(6) In the case of a disconnection, if the non-disconnected player is winning by more than 3 players, they win the match. If not, the match is considered a draw. 1 disconnection is allowed, the 2nd results in a loss.**

*Friendly Wars- Should these be allowed?

2) Match ups do not need to be fair. Each clan has the right to use their best players available, you can't tell another clan to use weaker players because your players are weaker, that doesn't really decide which is the stronger clan. Fairness is overrated. Each clan should put forth their best effort to win. This is not a hippy game.

5) That should be up to the particular clan. If the leader of the clan wants to give moderators, or even members, the right to call a war or lead a war, then who has the right to say otherwise?

And no, Friendly wars should not be allowed or counted as wars. Friendly wars are for people who fear loss. It's pathetic, in my opinion.

You're not your Facebook status. You're not how many friends you have. You're not your smart phone. You're not your applications. You are not your fucking iPad. You're the all-planking, e-consuming crap of the world.

#16 7/24/2010 2:33 pm

alrocks7283
Website

Tadpole wrote:

exe.Cute wrote:

* General / Conduct

* Technical

Discuss.

BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER

MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

I love you

NYAR NYAR NYAR

#17 7/24/2010 3:56 pm

Negative000
Website

@Rhine: Whoops, somehow I managed to let #2 slip in. Yeah, I agree with you on that, clans should have the right to give themselves unfair advantages (yes, this is slight sarcasm but if you're stupid enough to actually accept a war against people who are high above your skill level...). As for your thoughts on Rule 5, I do agree in a sense that if they're willing to let anyone call a war go for it. However, do you really want everyone always asking you for a war? I certainly wouldn't like to be bothered randomly by the members of the same clan asking for a war. This also goes back to Exe's statement of calling clans cowardly. If you don't accept a war, members are usually immature enough to call you a "pussy". So, I think it should be up to the owners of a clan, those who can handle a rejection, to call a war. See my point? I'm all for free will, but not in this case. As for friendly wars, thats -3 votes. I think they should be removed in a next update.

UPDATE: removed Rule #2, Disconnections are now a loss.

Any ideas on how to make the list more comprehensive, compact, and/or readable? I'll try to add in Exe's tl;dr...

EDIT: Exe, I neglected to read all of your post. Heh, my bad. Ties! Yes, this is a problem... I'm thinking a tiebreaker should be performed by a clan member who has not yet participated in said war. If none can be done in the hour and a half allotted time frame, the war should be considered a tie. Does that work?

Last edited by Negative000 (7/24/2010 4:07 pm)

#18 7/24/2010 5:39 pm

exe.Cute

That's basically just adding to the size of the war after the fact.  It might be a better idea to just require odd numbers of matches.  4v4 is pretty popular, though, so I don't know how well that would go over.

#19 7/24/2010 5:46 pm

Twinfan

I do not think any and every disconnection should be a loss, if someone disconnects TWICE during the same series, then the 2nd time it happens they get a loss, but unless they really have no shot of winning, the 1st disconnection should be replayed, but at the sam map/# of players.

I agree with what Rhine said about 5, every clan leader generally knows who they can or cannot leave in charge of something, and often it's more than just owners.

I really do not like ties, and i think they only create more problems, so if the war is done and it is a tie, the tiebreaker can either a) only be played between an owner of each clan, or b) played between the best members on at the time of each clan.
Let's face it, if you call a war with an even number of matchups, you should be ready for a tie, there is no excuse otherwise.

Subsitutions.....hardest thing to call in war beforehand, if 1 of the original players from a series leaves either up 1-0, or tied 0-0, the series is cancelled. Otherwise, if that clan has someone who is a fair matchup for the remaining opponent, than they will finish the series. If no one is on for the clan that has someone leave, they have a 20 minute waiting period for someone to show up, and again, if that person is reasonably close to the opponent, they may finish.

In all war games, no rockets until every 1 of the opponent's players has had at least 1 move!!!! Glitching or cheating constitues an immediate lose and d/q.

I don't know how much a screenshot will tell, it is subjective and games can turn very rapidly. Taking a SS every turn would be hasselsome, so i think they would prove nothing, i think a type of video form should be required to actually record the games. This way any in game arguement or hassel can be seen 100% as it happened, and then the leaders can discuss it.

If 1 clan starts something ridiculous during the war, they are automatically disqualified and receive a complete loss.

Brand new recruits, on their 1st clan, may war the instant they join, but "pros" or "veterans" of clans, if switching clans, cannot war for their new clan until they have been a part of it for at least 5 days. If a member of a war is discovered to be an "undercover pro", that war will be invalid and no result will take shape.

I also liked sean's idea of sort of, a police force, which could go around and make sure clans post their losses, or are clear in them, they could shadow over unruly clans, etc.

NO FRIENDLY WARS, they are cheap and homosexual lol ... but practice wars, those are fine. Practice wars go in at the start with no capability of a win or a loss for either clan, it is simply for fun and experience. This way even if 2 clans do not have suitable matchups, they can still have fun, which is what the game and clans are all about. Practice wars must be recorded on the war page, but taken note of as a practice, by highlighting it, changing the color, etc.

All clans must have a war record that lists the clan, the date, and the final outcome of the war. Additional information such as individual matchups is optional. This is something i always wanted, but isn't fully needed, in college sports, a team has an overall record of the games it has played, and a conference record, in parenthesis next to the overall record. I suggest that clans do this as well, having record against the "elite" clans, in parenthesis, so if a clan has a war record of 4-2 overall, and they are 1-1 with SNM, their record will be displayed as: 4-2 (1-1). I guess on the boards, or maybe current clan leaders, will determine which clans are in the current class of "elite". This way records will not be padded, since the true record against other good clans will be very visible. Again, just something i would like, but not 100% necesary.

For now that's my take, sorry for the tl;dr

http://i29.tinypic.com/2iapgqo.jpg
I am no longer an active member of Twboards, but if you need--or want--to talk to me, I have left the option of sending an email available. If you abuse it or spam me or something, I will A) Promptly remove the email option, and B) Hunt you to the ends of the Earth. Choose wisely and I wish you all the best of luck...

#20 7/24/2010 5:52 pm

C1nderella..xXx..Man

Twinfan wrote:

I do not think any and every disconnection should be a loss, if someone disconnects TWICE during the same series, then the 2nd time it happens they get a loss, but unless they really have no shot of winning, the 1st disconnection should be replayed, but at the sam map/# of players.

In all war games, no rockets until every 1 of the opponent's players has had at least 1 move!!!! Glitching or cheating constitues an immediate lose and d/q.

The only problem I see with "unless they really have no shot of winning" is even if that is true for one of the players he, more than likely, isn't going to admit that. I think that the easiest way would be d/c = loss. This couldn't be argued. But I understand why you or other people wouldn't like that. I still don't understand how people get d/c so often. It rarely happens to me.

I really like your 2nd thought that I quoted. Waiting till all players have moved once would definetly get rid of noob shots and rocket rushing. It would require players to be more skilled to win.

#21 7/24/2010 6:22 pm

Ninjamongoose
Website

C1nderella..xXx..Man wrote:

Twinfan wrote:

The only problem I see with "unless they really have no shot of winning" is even if that is true for one of the players he, more than likely, isn't going to admit that. I think that the easiest way would be d/c = loss. This couldn't be argued. But I understand why you or other people wouldn't like that. I still don't understand how people get d/c so often. It rarely happens to me.

I really like your 2nd thought that I quoted. Waiting till all players have moved once would definetly get rid of noob shots and rocket rushing. It would require players to be more skilled to win.

wait...you can get into a clan if you use noob shots? wow.

That sounds reasonable, but if my opponents starts clustering his players, I'm gonna use rockets anyway. how about just taking screenshots und telling everyone what a noob rocket is. anything resembling those should be banned

*Farting*

#22 7/24/2010 6:33 pm

Negative000
Website

Twinfan wrote:

I really do not like ties, and i think they only create more problems, so if the war is done and it is a tie, the tiebreaker can either a) only be played between an owner of each clan, or b) played between the best members on at the time of each clan.
Let's face it, if you call a war with an even number of matchups, you should be ready for a tie, there is no excuse otherwise.

Yes, and I think most people are not prepared for a tiebreaker. Which I find quite ridiculous. If in the event of a tiebreaker, I believe you have the best idea Twin, however, I also think it should be someone who hasn't played in that war. So, if your best player happens to show up randomly, they may participate in that tiebreaker. That way, no one feels they are being cheated by having to face someone who is already "warmed up" or is an easy win.

Twinfan wrote:

Lol. Most people do not noob rocket. But hey, if you want to be classified as a "noob" to the rest of us, thats fine by me. I don't think we should be able to put restrictions on the game itself, the whole point is just to win, however you can (within bounds, no glitching etc...).

I think a "friendly war" and a practice war are the same thing. I don't think they need be recorded, since it doesn't count. It's just for fun after all. However, the terms of said practice war need to be discussed and agreed upon at the beginning of the war! I'll update Rule 4 to include this. So no Friendly Wars anymore!

I agree with Cinder, a d/c means a loss. If you disconnect a lot, you shouldn't be playing. That's just a risk you have to take. It's like missing a turn to go pee.

Twinfan wrote:

Brand new recruits, on their 1st clan, may war the instant they join, but "pros" or "veterans" of clans, if switching clans, cannot war for their new clan until they have been a part of it for at least 5 days. If a member of a war is discovered to be an "undercover pro", that war will be invalid and no result will take shape.

This is nice. It might help to lower clan hopping, as well as helping in wars. For someone like me, who is not currently in a clan but is willing to help in wars, how would I be a factor in this? I'll have to see about people like myself at this point in time. I will post this idea if it gets more discussion.

And, your final idea is a good one, but I fear it would just be overkill. I wouldn't say that is 100% necessary. I mean if you wanted to see how well you've done against SA in the past, it's a good tool.

UPDATE: Fix'd Rule 4.

Last edited by Negative000 (7/24/2010 6:39 pm)

#23 7/24/2010 7:29 pm

exe.Cute

The problem with disconnects is that you start a match, then you get a feel for how it's going, then all of a sudden your opponent drops out, and suddenly you have to start an entirely new match with a different setup.  I'd expect it would be mentally jarring.

You can do a friendly war or a practice war etc but don't call it a war.  Just be like "hey do you guys want to get together and do some matches for practice?"  That way you don't have to bother organizing it and there's no confusion about whether it's a war or not.

My favorite rule that I'm disappointed nobody ever picked up is "no first turn attacks."  That means the on the very first turn of the first player, you can't do anything but move and build walls and platforms.  That way you get a chance to put up a wall to block grenades/rockets before your opponent gets a chance to hit you.  The player who goes second is free to attack on their first move.  It's irrelevant for the big levels but it stops Void rockets and I think makes Island less boring.

Maybe as an alternate to the "elite record" thing, I was toying with the idea of having "official wars" or something.  These would be a) scheduled in advance, with maybe one every week or two for each clan, and b) subjected to a stricter ruleset in terms of something like a round robin format instead of single matchups between players.  Round robins would be much more appropriate for determining clan skill, but the downside is that they take longer to do.  Maybe one of the sports fans could even make a schedule for which clans play which or something.  Any thoughts on this?

#24 7/24/2010 8:24 pm

C1nderella..xXx..Man

@Exe.Cute
I could organize a complete round robin format fairly easily. I would just need to find out which clans wish to participate. My suggestion would be each clan has a war twice a week. We could set them up 3 days in advance and play them the same day at the same time each week. Since 4v4 is the most popular that would prolly be the best but then we run into the problem with ties all over again. It would just be a continuous round robin that would run every week. New clans that remain active for 3 weeks (any ideas?) could join the round robin schedule. Thoughts?

#25 7/24/2010 8:27 pm

exe.Cute

I mean round robin between members of each clan, not the clans themselves.  And I think anything more than once a week would defeat the whole purpose.

Board footer