TWBoards.com

The official community for Territory War

You are not logged in.

#1 8/7/2010 4:35 pm

R.I.P
Website

A Couple Helpful Nade Shots

OK, I'm new here and i don't know how to post those perfect snapshots or how to re-size them, but I'll do the best i can.

Here's a really great shot for Island, right side, first turn (doesn't have to be 1st turn, but it's best like that).

Stand on the edge of the platform player 1 is on, aim -39 down with a regular grenade, full power. (Yes, i know the image is -39 up.)

http://i34.tinypic.com/aln79k.png
(You can stand a little further on the edge than in the image, but this amount works best for me, It all depends on your power.)

And here is the result:
http://i33.tinypic.com/nbdul4.png

Good Sides: Blowing up one of the most important platforms (to the left side) in the game. This immediately gives you a HUGE advantage; since your opponent not only loses about 3 auto-grenades, he also can't use that platform to his advantage, his player 6 is damaged and thrown in a clump of players (easy to hit), and you can easily get a high ground advantage, bombing him senselessly with a flow of grenades. Also, he can't hide under that platform anymore since there's a giant hole in it. And, If your opponent already has a few players on the plat, use this shot to knock them off, deal some damage, AND take the same "trapping effect".

Down Sides: Unfortunately, If the person your playing is a noob who glitches, he would easily double-jump up to the plat. And this shot is so hard to accomplish, it may not even be worth wasting turns over. He can always just build a platform right over it if he wanted to as well. But hey, that would waste a platform, wouldn't it?

This needs practice in offline mode, and don't copy my snapshot EXACTLY, as it could be a little off.

NOTE: If you don't hit exactly full power, or if your positioning is off by just a little, this will probably not work.

-A tip from R.I.P-

~R.I.P

Last edited by R.I.P (8/7/2010 4:43 pm)

#2 8/7/2010 5:10 pm

Alchemist21
Website

Re: A Couple Helpful Nade Shots

You're better off starting with a -45 degree nade from the 10th step from the top and killing left side's Player 2. It's the step that intersects the really dark line on the rock. (ms paint down, ss unavailable)

#3 8/7/2010 5:17 pm

R.I.P
Website

Don't worry I'm no noob, i can figure it out. That shot IS good, and i usually start with that if I'm not willing to risk the -39 shot.

#4 8/7/2010 5:18 pm

Alchemist21
Website

-39 would be a good follow up.

#5 8/7/2010 5:55 pm

R.I.P
Website

It would be, but there's still one grenade shot that would top them all, it's a nade from the left side of island that kills P5 and traps P6...i wish i knew it....

Last edited by R.I.P (8/7/2010 5:57 pm)

#6 8/7/2010 6:04 pm

Slicknife

If you're talking about autos...

http://www.twboards.com/viewtopic.php?id=3793

#7 8/7/2010 6:07 pm

R.I.P
Website

They miss some of the most hidden (yet most effective) auto's in those threads.

#8 8/7/2010 6:19 pm

Slicknife

I'd like to hear some more, the one that destroys the plat was helpful.

#9 8/7/2010 6:27 pm

R.I.P
Website

Thanks. I'll be sure to post some more later.

#10 8/7/2010 7:26 pm

CViper

That nade is a pretty decent one but as there a LOT of autos that kill players on the island, I'd wait until turn 5 or six to do this one because you'll probably lose your chance to kill a few of those early on. As their player 1 isn't harmed in your's, they can still go underneath what remains of that platform and bounce it off. Also, it really doesn't matter how many auto chances you destroy for the left side because there are so many. All you need to do is bounce a nade of the platform nearest the stairs and you're bound to hit someone.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/crimsonviper_/Manchester-1.png

Be Alert! Britain Needs Lerts!!

#11 8/7/2010 8:39 pm

R.I.P
Website

True, but hitting someone is not the point here. In Island, just hitting someone is not enough, there's so many auto kills and so many strategy's, it would be a waste to not kill someone with a turn. Anyone can just hit someone, easy. But having a big effect is the point.

Your right though, using that would waste a lot of good auto's, but your contradicting yourself there, as when you said there are so many auto chances it doesn't matter how many you destroy.

I appreciate your help, i never thought of it like that before. I also have played you once with one of my accounts and your pretty damn good.

#12 8/7/2010 10:06 pm

CViper

You must have got me on a good day because I considered myself as a fairly average player.

#13 8/7/2010 10:21 pm

R.I.P
Website

You seem to know a lot of good strategies and auto's.

Maybe you just don't know how to use them yourself...

#14 8/7/2010 10:55 pm

CViper

I know how to use auto's but it went against my code to use them. They take away from actual skill.

#15 8/7/2010 10:57 pm

R.I.P
Website

No wonder...

No offense but it's kind of dumb not to use auto's. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

#16 8/7/2010 11:27 pm

R.I.P
Website

I figured that one out myself. And this is one that keeps you in a good position, the one you mentioned puts you in an open position that leaves your player vulnerable. And it takes more distance with the -48 one.

#17 8/8/2010 4:31 am

Cobrall

Also so you know, doing 39 from there would normaly destroy the ground that you use to jump ONTO the platform, and not the platform itself. I don't know bout you guys, but I usually do -42 to destroy the platform.

#18 8/8/2010 2:11 pm

R.I.P
Website

Are you sure? If you do it right all it does is destroy a part of your opponents platform so they can't get on...Not to mention putting your player in a great position that's hard to hit.

#19 8/8/2010 2:15 pm

Cobrall

http://i34.tinypic.com/aln79k.png

-39 from there? I am positive that it destroys the ground to jump onto the platform. Maybe it hasn't been working for you because you haven't been hitting full power.

#20 8/8/2010 2:37 pm

R.I.P
Website

Didn't you see the result? It destroys the end of the platform that your opponent team needs to get up on.

#21 8/8/2010 2:50 pm

Cobrall

Yes but the result is wrong. Go in offline and try the shot over and over again till you do actualy get full power bar. You'll see that it destroys this part:

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4809/urghwowza.png

Also, even if you do destroy the end of the platform using -42, or using -39 like I did. Your opponent is always able to jump onto the platform. Unless if you do a perfectely placed grenade and destroy the plat in a manner that it leaves a bit on the end of it but a big hole in the middle, or that you take 2 turns destroying the platforms.

Last edited by Cobrall (8/8/2010 2:51 pm)

#22 8/8/2010 3:12 pm

R.I.P
Website

Ah yes, that's what happens to the platform when you have a slightly wrong positioning. Trust me I've spent like an hour mastering this. That happened to me for a while, until i finally got it right and destroyed it. But other people seem to think it works...

#23 8/8/2010 3:43 pm

Cobrall

No you don't get it. From the first picture you took, the position where you took -39 will not destroy the platform, it will destroy part of the ground that your opponent uses to jump onto the platform.

Also you can't perfect such a grenade because here there position to get the result that YOU want, is incorrect for using -39 as the angle. Also even if you do change the position and the angle, you nor anyone will ever be able to "master" it, because this auto depends entirely of the amount of power you put into it. And it is impossible to always get the exact amount of power you want in a shot because, no one will ever becaume that good (even though I know alot of players that are close to such perfection.) And also because the game has lag, and because of it no one will be able to get the perfect amount of power every time.

#24 8/8/2010 3:49 pm

R.I.P
Website

My game rarely lags...Maybe your right. Like i said, you can change the position in the image to the way that works best for you. And it works 4/5 times for me. It just takes a lot of practice. It IS a good nade, and even if it's not, it can be used to hurt players standing in that general spot, and it puts you in a good position.

EDIT: Now I'm interested, who is close to that perfection? I know that SinfulBliss is one of them.

Last edited by R.I.P (8/8/2010 3:50 pm)

#25 8/8/2010 10:19 pm

Alchemist21
Website

This nade you suggested is very helpful. It makes a nice follow up for me if my opponent messes up my primary opening.

Board footer