TWBoards.com

The official community for Territory War

You are not logged in.

#1 7/1/2012 6:38 am

iP.!bns.u
Website

Grenade Placement.

So, I was in a match with a member of my clan, who places his grenades exceptionally. The match specifically was on CC and he knew two very nice angles that I asked for. Subsequently I lost internet connection so I figured I would give those angles a try. After a few practice times, I thought to myself, 'How could I counter this?' so I begin looking for that and fell unto a pretty neat trick. I'm sure most skilled players know about this trick and it's not the regular grenade placement method. I've always used a different from what Upgrade has shown people. This simple technique is more apt for place of regular grenades. But this whole wall of text isn't really about the technique so much as it is about 'perfect placed' grenades. I've always heard and thought a perfect place was right in between the legs of an opponent, but that's not actually the case. I ss'd just where the grenade lands and found it's right behind the back leg. It looks like they're sitting on the grenade. I just thought it was an interesting observation.

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx264/Distortion_ii/Finn.gif

#2 7/1/2012 2:14 pm

Slicknife

Re: Grenade Placement.

I thought the sweet spot was betweeen the legs and slightly closer to the back leg.  I want to see your technique btw.

#3 7/1/2012 9:45 pm

iP.!bns.u
Website

Well, I've actually been paying attention to other autos that result in perfect placement and I've noticed some variation in the exact location. It's kinda odd. I'll capture a few Ss's and point this out. And I may share the technique, which I'm sure you may know already, but I'm not going to post it for everyone to see right now.

Last edited by iP.!bns.u (7/1/2012 9:46 pm)

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx264/Distortion_ii/Finn.gif

#4 9/2/2012 6:32 am

User972302
Website

I'm interested in what your method is for aiming grenades, IP. I realize, given our recent scuff, you almost undoubtedly won't want to share the details with me personally, but I was wondering if you'd at least tell me whether it works well for you. I want to know: does your method differ from mine significantly? Is it more effective or less effective? Does it predict bounces?

I figured I'd post this on TWBoards because there's no way I'd be able to contact you on xat, seeing as you banned me from your clan chat long ago.

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab29/97SNM2010/newsig2.png
TWO War Record: 163.5 - 42.5 (est. 50 matches missing) TW3 War Record: 114 - 45
Total War Record: 277.5 - 87.5 Notable Opponents

Board footer