TWBoards.com

The official community for Territory War

You are not logged in.

#1 9/4/2012 7:38 pm

NickRuf7

My books

Hi I write books (mainly dystopians) I have tons of ideas if anyone wants to know about them please speak to me in the lobby i am NickRuf

One who fights dragons too long will become a dragon himself, and if you gaze to long into the abyss the abyss will gaze into you.

#2 9/7/2012 2:04 pm

MiseryLovesCompany

Re: My books

You didn't have to create a new post for this. Perhaps you could have posted it in The Book Thread, or the ROTDT Thread.

Anyway, if you want to share your ideas actually give examples your works and display them on this thread. Right now it just looks like your posting just to post. Many people (including myself) on TWboards don't play TWO too often anymore, your better off going to a clan site and asking people to meet you in a lobby.
Additionally, sorry for being overly blunt with you.

Last edited by MiseryLovesCompany (9/7/2012 2:05 pm)

Violins and champaign.

#3 9/7/2012 3:28 pm

CViper

Your grammar isn't good enough to write books.

Last edited by CViper (9/7/2012 3:28 pm)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/crimsonviper_/Manchester-1.png

Be Alert! Britain Needs Lerts!!

#4 9/7/2012 3:41 pm

Twinfan

CViper wrote:

Your grammar isn't good enough to write books.

Perhaps his style is the new wave in fiction?

http://i29.tinypic.com/2iapgqo.jpg
I am no longer an active member of Twboards, but if you need--or want--to talk to me, I have left the option of sending an email available. If you abuse it or spam me or something, I will A) Promptly remove the email option, and B) Hunt you to the ends of the Earth. Choose wisely and I wish you all the best of luck...

#5 9/17/2012 5:57 pm

NickRuf7

I actually write very well, i admire Stephen King and George Orwell, but I slack off a little. I can be very descriptive actually. smile I write dystopians

One who fights dragons too long will become a dragon himself, and if you gaze to long into the abyss the abyss will gaze into you.

#6 9/17/2012 6:00 pm

NickRuf7

Misery it's fie tons of people are blunt to me and I'm fine with that. Ill consider what you said, I write a series about a rebellion in the distant future. There is gore, cursing, action, blood, explosions, androids, weaponry, and most of all.... awesome comandos!

#7 9/17/2012 9:57 pm

ralphralpha

Did you just find out what Dystopian meant?

Being a fan of Orwell's, I am very interested in reading some of your work. Why not link us to a piece?

#8 9/18/2012 3:46 am

Walrus King

When you say books, do you just mean you write stories or that you actually have written stories that have managed to be in a physical book? Could we find these on Amazon or Ebay or something?

http://i55.tinypic.com/1zd14w3.jpg  http://i56.tinypic.com/24niult.jpg http://i56.tinypic.com/219xag6.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/4qle8g.jpg

#9 9/18/2012 8:55 pm

Reaganrocks

I think he makes physical books. I think we all know that there's no better place to take your literary genius than TWBoards.

http://i45.tinypic.com/295tzeu.png

#10 9/18/2012 11:52 pm

MiseryLovesCompany

NickRuf7 wrote:

Misery it's fie tons of people are blunt to me and I'm fine with that. Ill consider what you said, I write a series about a rebellion in the distant future. There is gore, cursing, action, blood, explosions, androids, weaponry, and most of all.... awesome comandos!

Thanks for taking it well. Also, sounds intense.

Violins and champaign.

#11 9/19/2012 11:22 pm

NickRuf7

dystopian is post apocalypse and thank you i will try to link some stuff smile

#12 9/19/2012 11:23 pm

NickRuf7

you cant buy them yet but im working on publishing some stuff

#13 9/19/2012 11:30 pm

thebigdonginthesky

you should set everything youve ever written on fire in protest of ereaders

http://i.imgur.com/bMc2v.png

#14 9/20/2012 1:15 am

Reaganrocks

thebigdonginthesky wrote:

you should set everything youve ever written on fire in protest of ereaders

Do this, but get other people to help you out. Oh yeah, do it publicly.

#15 9/20/2012 2:16 am

shaft711

NickRuf7 wrote:

dystopian is post apocalypse and thank you i will try to link some stuff smile

Dystopian is not necessarily post apocalypse.  A dystopian setting in a sci-fi novel or other work simply means that the future setting for the book/movie/whatever isn't all that great.  Basically, a dystopian future is just the opposite of a utopian future.  It doesn't mean that the apocalypse has occurred, just that various social issues, environmental issues, and general problems with life in the future.  For example, Blade Runner presents a dystopian view of the future, as overpopulation has forced humans to colonize other planets and living conditions on Earth are generally pretty unpleasant.  No apocalyptic event has occurred, it just sucks to be a human on Earth in the year 2022 in that particular setting.  1984 and Brave New World are good examples of dystopian societies found in literature; Brave New World even appears utopic on the surface, but the genetic engineering and wide use of soma present the society as a dystopia.  Seriously, if you want to be a serious writer, you should really do some research into what genre you want to be writing about.

Now is that a real poncho or a Sears poncho?

#16 9/20/2012 2:26 am

Reaganrocks

shaft711 wrote:

Seriously, if you want to be a serious writer, you should really do some research into what genre you want to be writing about.

And then get really good at it. No one gives second chances. It has to stir people's jimmies or otherwise entice people to buy more books.

#17 9/20/2012 10:50 am

NickRuf7

i know tons on dystopians but i didnt want to write a 8000000  sentence post so i kinda simplified it for the newbies

#18 9/20/2012 3:57 pm

Ninjamongoose
Website

NickRuf7 wrote:

i know tons on dystopians but i didnt want to write a 8000000  sentence post so i kinda simplified it for the newbies

I doubt you could write an eight million sentence post.

*Farting*

#19 9/20/2012 5:32 pm

CViper

Maybe 7,000,000?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/crimsonviper_/Manchester-1.png

Be Alert! Britain Needs Lerts!!

#20 9/20/2012 7:28 pm

NickRuf7

I was exagerating to make my point
I could write a 7000000 word post if the computer would allow it

#21 9/20/2012 7:32 pm

NickRuf7

If you want to see parts of the begining email me at awesome_ruf@aol.com
yes i know the email name isnt cool

#22 9/20/2012 8:23 pm

God.Of.Green
Website

Just post them in this thread. It would be a lot easier for all of us.

http://gyazo.com/19f7908ead03a2054c1f4acad04010b4.png?1338784313http://gyazo.com/3352f4e60488a90d343f9513146ac296.png

#23 9/20/2012 9:00 pm

NickRuf7

how do i post them here?

#24 9/20/2012 9:01 pm

NickRuf7

Resistance
Book One of Resistance

By Nick Ruf

Prologue
2246 A.D.

Knock! Knock! Knock!
    “Open up! Rykov, open the door!” A tall man with dark hair stood in front of the Rykov residence looking furious. A tall, black man about 8 ½ feet tall stood next to him. They were both wearing black trench coats.
    “Mommy, there’s a man at the door. Can I open it?” yelled a small boy from inside the house. A young woman with silky, dark hair walked into the room to see what the commotion was about. Her husband, Dylan Rykov,31, had contributed his whole life for an ultimate alliance that was created by the U.S., U.K., Germany, Japan, Soviet Russia, Austria, France, China, Italy and several other powerful countries. Her husband was the representative for Austria. The whole point of this operation was to create more highly powered weaponry, the android had already been created by Dr. Marcus Blackwood, 34, and his lab assistant, the lesser known Richard Brown, 21. The other reason was to try to contact other worlds, an idea that seemed ludicrous until the breakthrough of 2227 A.D.  In which Dr. Marcus Blackwood discovered that if one keeps a reserve of fuel on a space station near the moon, then they can get that reserve, and continue forth toward the next station. An idea that was good in theory and had never been tested except in advanced simulation, developed by Dr. Richard Brown. The two of them had worked miracles together, even though Dr. Brown secretly despised the older man and wished to murder him, for only Dr. Brown knew Dr. Blackwood’s plans, and wished to overthrow them, of course if he told anyone it would leak out, cause riots, mass hysteria, shootouts, “hit and runs” , and so forth.
    “Charlie, don’t open the door. Daddy and I have told you not to open the door.”
Then she realized just who this man was.
    “Oh my God! Dylan, it’s Blackwood!” she screamed in pure horror. A man at about 30 years old walked into the room carrying a small automatic pistol. He had a goatee ,black as night, with his hair pulled back as if he were showing off his forehead. He was smiling evilly, like a murderer. A large black man wearing black. Was standing behind him. Sunglasses were placed under his thick eyebrows. Which was strange considering the sun was barely visible behind the dark smog.
    Another  man walked into the room wearing a Kevlar vest, cargo pants, and a holster to carry his M1911 pistol. Which happened to be in his hand at the time. He had just emerged from shooting targets in the basement, a hobby of his. He often helped police officers, and sometimes SWAT teams, that were in over their heads. He owned a small armory in the basement, next to his weight room and indoor gun range.
    “Why do you have an android and a gun in my house?” asked the man, obviously Dylan Rykov. Whose deep Austrian accent seemed to fill the house with a strange sensation, not really anger, or sadness, but not happy either. More like intimidation.
    “Has Richard told you about my plans?” asked Blackwood smiling.
    “Even if he did, why would I listen to that know-it-all bastard?”
    “Oh well.” Blackwood said smiling. “I guess even if he did you couldn’t have prepared yourself.”
    “What the hell, are you talking about?” said Dylan angry with confusion.
    “I’m taking over this sorry place.”
    “You have your own house, it’s better than ours if anything.”
    “I’m not talking about your goddamned house.”
    “Why on earth would you want this town?”
    “IM TALKING ABOUT THE WORLD YOU IDIOT! THE WORLD!” he yelled with  a twinge of unnerving laughter.
    “You monster…”
    He continued to chuckle, “Wanna here about how I’m gonna do it? Androids. Thousands of androids….”
    “EAT LEAD!” Dylan yelled as he squeezed all 9 rounds out of his gun.
    The black man seemed to track the bullets down with his eyes, and stood in front of Blackwood. The bullets harmlessly bounced off  with a melodic, pingpingpingpingpingpingpingpingping.
    “You made them bulletproof?” Dylan said in awe.
    “… fairly easy… light Kevlar covering under the skin… mixed with a little titanium… kaching! Bullet-proof.”
    Blackwood nodded to the android, who pulled small machine gun out from under his coat. He aimed it at Charlie, who was almost forgotten in the midst of the conversation. The five year old ducked behind the couch as the bullets ripped through it.
    Charlie saw something glint under the couch. It was his Daddy’s gun. Now, on a normal occasion he wasn’t aloud to go anywhere near the pistol. But he felt as though it wasn’t a normal occasion. He felt as though he needed to pick it up and kill those two men with guns.
    He grabbed it, and with all the force he could muster he pulled the slide back. He had seen his father do it in the basement. There was one bullet left.
    He peeked out from behind the coach only to see his dad and the big man with dark skin wrestling. His mother was crying. He didn’t think that he could have hit the black man, so he aimed for the smaller black haired man. He squeezed the trigger and the entire room seemed to explode. The man was blown back, and thrown onto the ground, where he clutched his arm.
    Dylan told his wife and son to get out of the house, and kissed them goodbye, but not before handing 3 pistol clips to his son. Then he tackled the black man again, to buy them time to escape.
    Outside, androids, much like the man inside, were everywhere. Slaughtering innocent people everywhere.
    “MARY GET DOWN!” yelled a man from across the street, to Dylan’s wife. But she was to late, a seemingly stray bullet pushed through the back of her skull. The man, Chester Higgins a friend of Dylan Rykov, rushed over to the boy, and covered his eyes.
    Chester Higgins, 28, was the representative for the United States of America. Despite his young age and his seemingly young attitude. He was one of the most successful, of the representatives and made a lot of money, in which he donated most of it to Blackwood’s research. It was a terrible mistake, for instead of using it for research it went to the android project. Chester brandished a beautiful pistol, silver plated, ivory handle, gas operated, it was a Desert Eagle. Now you may be wondering why these men use weaponry that you might use, from the 20th and 21st centuries. The answer is simple, with all the technology and money being used in the 2227A.D. breakthrough as well as several other of Blackwood’s and Brown’s research and the alliance. So minor weaponry such as handguns and rifles did not evolve a lot. You also may be wondering who I am, you will learn that in time my friend, all in time. So let us get back to the story.
    Chester held out the gun and stood near the young boy. Who was obviously scared and confused. He had never seen so much blood and carnage in his life, in fact he had never seen any blood and carnage, except when he went to the hospital to see his father who had been shot in a riot. But, even their there was a very limited amount of gore, for it all had almost all been cleaned out. He knew what a bullet could do, his father had explained all of this to him when he was caught in the gun range.
    “Where is your daddy?” asked Chester.
    Oddly enough, as he said that, Dylan came flying out of the window carrying a bag of… something.
    “DYLAN!” yelled Chester as he helped him up.
    And the three of them ran off.
    Now there is one thing you must understand, even though Chester was American and Dylan was Austrian, The city that they lived in was in Africa near the Sahara desert.     The three of them went into the jungles. Where Dylan finally opened his large bag.
    “NICE!” exclaimed Chester.
    “I know, though I suppose you’ll wanna’ keep yours.”
    Charlie reached into the bag and Dylan slapped his hand away. “Don’t touch those.” said Dylan.
    Chester reached in and pulled out a long dark shape. A distinct clicking was heard, as Chester pulled a part of it back. It was a gun. Nothing could be seen correctly, considering it was night in the edge Congo rainforests.
    3 Days Later
    Chester was gathering wood, and Dylan and Charles were sitting at a small makeshift, camp. Charlie was carving a small man out of wood, a trick Chester had taught him.     When suddenly, a growling sound was heard through the underbrush.
    SGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…
    “What was that?” asked Dylan.
    Charlie shrugged as he continued to carve. “I dunno.”
     Large green masses burst from the bushes on all sides.
    “What are they!?” yelled Charlie.
    “You ever heard of raptors?” yelled Dylan over the shrieking of the creatures
    “Yeah like from that old movie, Jurassic something or another”
    “Yes well Blackwood’s learned to clone them, as well as other dinosaurs! He told us in the last meeting.”
    Blackwood represented Germany, and was a distant relative of Adolph Hitler, although he never told anyone.
    One jumped up at Dylan who swatted they spitting creature away. It’s scales raking the back of his hand. Unfortunately, it seemed as though the raptors had taken an interest in the small more vulnerable Charlie, who kept by his father, the small knife ready in his hand. He was going to use this knife for more than carving wooden figures.
    The things suddenly pounced up, all at once. Dylan ripped his gun, a Glock  from his holster.

#25 9/20/2012 9:02 pm

NickRuf7

I got it but it dosent tab in front of sentences so it dosent look profesional

Board footer