TWBoards.com

The official community for Territory War

You are not logged in.

#1 10/4/2012 1:30 pm

God.Of.Green
Website

Standard TW3 Clan War Rules

Hey clanners, this is much different than the post Zero and Execute made for Territory War Online because there are quite a few things that need to be pointed out that will change the way clan wars will play out. Before starting a war with the new TW3 beta, please go over these rules. If you already know standard war rules for TWO, still read this before starting any wars.

This is the standardized list of clan war rules.

These rules must be followed in all wars unless both clans explicitly agree otherwise prior to warring.  If clans use their own rules, they must explicitly agree upon anything that differs from this rule set prior to the war.  Having the rules posted on their site does not qualify as "explicit agreement".  For example, if a clan allows approved custom maps to be used in wars, they must, prior to the war, tell opposing clans that they allow that.

War Rules

These rules relate to the organization of clan wars and what conditions cause players to forfeit their matches.

(1) Wars involve any amount of players, so long as the war configuration is agreed on by the opposing clans.

(2) Only members of the clan designated to accept wars by the clan leader(s) may do so. In the instance of a "friendly" war, the winning clan records a war victory while the losing clan does not record a war loss.

(3) Once the war is complete, the result should be scrolled, blogged, edited into the site, or otherwise recorded.

(4) Player matches must be made prior to the start of the war, and all players must know who they are playing.  Both leaders must agree to the pairings. All war series must begin at roughly the same time (not the next day or a few weeks later).

(5) There is a 1 hour time limit for each match. If a match for some reason does take more than an hour to finish, it is considered a draw and the match restarts at the same map with the name amount of men. Tiebreakers may be conducted at a later time if need be.

(6) In the event of a tie, a member from each clan is selected to perform a tiebreaker. These may or may not be people who have previously participated in the war. Both clans must agree on who will do the tiebreaker.

(7) Substitutions may be made at any time during the war for any match as long as it is agreed on by the opposing war leaders.

(8) Disconnections:

- If a single player disconnects twice in one series, the player receives a single game loss.  If a player disconnects a third time in the same series, they receive a second loss, thus losing the series.

- If the player who is losing significantly disconnects, he or she receives a single game loss. This does not count as a disconnection for purposes of the 2 disconnections = 1 loss rule.

Standard Gameplay Rules

These are rules regarding gameplay.  Prior to warring, should clans agree to use "standard rules," this is what they will be referring to.

(1) Each series is played in sets of 3 games. The victor of each match is the first player to win 2 of those 3 games.

(2) The winning clan is the clan that wins the most series during the course of the war.

(3) All matches are played with 4 or more stick figures per team on a randomly chosen stage.

If the opponents cannot come to an agreement on how many stick figures should be used in their war matches, then the number of sticks chosen will always be 5.

i.e. Opponent A wants 6 vs 6 and opponent B wants 4 vs 4. All matches in the series will be 5 vs 5. Another example is opponent A wants 5 vs 5 while opponent B wants 4 vs 4. All matches in the series will be 5 vs 5. If both players want a 6 vs 6 match then all matches in the series will be 6 vs 6. If both players want a 4 vs 4 match then all matches in the series will be 4 vs 4.

(4) Any clan member who intentionally glitches, hacks, or otherwise cheats is automatically disqualified from AT LEAST the game in which he or she did so.

Shooting through walls is not considered a glitch and is allowed.

(5) Unintentional glitches can occur.  If so, the glitching party is obligated to undo the effects of the glitch and restore the previous state of the match to the best of his or her ability.  Specifically, if one's stick figure accidentally teleports, he or she must move it back to the place it was standing before it teleported if it is possible to do so.

Ambiguities

When challenging a clan who has their own war rules posted and easily accessible, you must abide by their rules regarding any issues not covered in the above ruleset unless explicitly agreed upon otherwise.  Ignorance of their specified warring rules is not an acceptable excuse.  Here are some things to watch out for:

(1) Rules regarding disconnections may differ from what is listed here.  One disconnection = one loss must be explicitly agreed upon, but any other disconnection rules a clan has will override the rules specified here, provided that the rules are specified clearly.

i.e. If all your rule says is "2 d/c = 1 loss", and a player d/cs a second time while losing significantly, and then they d/c a third time in a later match, they receive a second loss on d/cs because the d/c while losing significantly counted as a regular loss and not a d/c as per the rules here.  If you want to use other rules, you must specify them clearly.

(2) It is not specified here that, should the same stage be randomly chosen consecutively, another stage should (or should not) be chosen.

(3) It is not specified here how much a player must be leading by in order to receive a win for his or her opponent's disconnection. (Example: Player A has full health and 5 stick figures vs Player B who has 2 health and 1 stick figure. Player B disconnects.)

(4) It is not specified here that should a player glitch or cheat, he or she does or does not forfeit his or her entire series in the war.

TW3 specific war changes

There are some additional changes that need to be made for TW3 wars.

(1) All clans who keep track of war wins much indicate whether the win was during the beta of TW3, or the final first released version of TW3.

i.e. If you win a clan war during TW3's beta stage, place the word beta next to the recorded war win.

(2) Only finished maps created by Afro Ninja can be played upon during a clan war. So if you play on a random stage and get Castle II beta, then you and your opponent must draw and start again. This also includes custom maps. You cannot play custom maps in wars unless both clan leaders agree to it, and if both players who are playing on the map think the map is 100% fair.

(3) Since sides are randomized it doesn't matter who challenges who anymore.

(4) After the first match in the series, you and your opponent must press "Rematch". This will stop an opponent who is willing to give their account to a better player to finish their series for them. If an opponent does not press the rematch button it is the clan's choice to continue or discontinue the war (if you feel they may be cheating.)

Approved War Maps

Here is a growing list of approved maps clans can use to war.

Cove
Graveyard II
City
Mountain
Circus

(5) Clan wars at this time do not have to be played in the "Ranked" server but may be if both players agree to it.

* General / Conduct

1) Clans have honor.  Disregarding these rules or otherwise cheating is dishonorable.

2) Only members of a clan designated to initiate wars may do so.  These members represent the clan in terms of honor.

3) If a clan declines a war, calling them cowardly or otherwise badgering them is inappropriate.

4) Clans should feel free to decline wars with clans they feel are dishonorable for no other reason.

5) Members of the opposing clan may not be banned from chat during the course of a war or immediately following unless they are spamming or otherwise breaking the rules of the clan or chat.

6) Once a decision is made by the war leaders, arguing about it is inappropriate.  If need be, you or your clan may be disqualified for doing so.

7) If at any point the leaders cannot agree on something, then the war ends.  Both clans may report wins if they wish, though doing so when you have no legitimate claim to the win is dishonorable.

8) You are encouraged to discuss honor with other clans.  Dishonorable clans should be considered inferior, regardless of the skill of their members, and should have a much harder time in finding wars.  However, slandering another clan makes YOUR clan dishonorable.

* Technical

9) All of these rules may be waived by discussion between war leaders, and it is preferable to do so.  However, should a dispute arise, these rules specify who gets the win.

10) You are obligated to take screenshots of all match results.  Should a dispute arise regarding the outcome of a match, the screenshots take priority and those without screenshots forfeit any claim they had to the win.  Screenshots of agreements and decisions should be taken as well.

11) If you disconnect, gain one disconnect.  if you disconnect twice during once series then you get a loss.  However, if an opponent disconnects while they are clearly winning (by the amount of health and not ammount of stickmen left, then the player with more health wins.

12) Clan wars are allocated 90 minutes.  If you have to leave prior to 90 minutes after the start of the war, you may not participate in the war.  Substitutions may be made upon agreement, but if a clan member leaves prior to 90 minutes, the other clan can accept that player's forfeit if they so choose without regard to the wishes of the leaving member's clan.  After 90 minutes, anything goes so the leaders must agree on something (see rule 7).  Record the starting time of the war so you know when 90 minutes is.

13) Exact matches must be made prior to the start of the war.  Both leaders must agree to the pairings.  All war matches must begin at roughly the same time, by an "Okay, BEGIN" message or something similar, at which point challenges are issued.  This is the official starting time of the war.  Any member absent five minutes after this starting time forfeits all of their matches.  Clans are responsible for making sure all their members are present prior to the war.

14) These rules are easily abused.  Intentionally doing so will be obvious and is considered dishonorable.

On a final note, you all should be able to take care of your own war business. I expect all clan leaders to be able to follow the rules and call other players out on it when they see foul play. If there is ever something you cannot come to a war agreement on (can't prove the opponent cheated when you saw them cheat,) then post it in the forum with as much evidence as possible. I always take screenshots of all my matches during wars because of how unprofessional some other clans are.

If there is anything you think is wrong with this rule list then please post below. But do remember that this is the "universal TW3 clan war rules" so rules that your clan may have that are not on here or varied rules shouldn't quickly be added to this list.

Happy clanning.

Last edited by God.Of.Green (10/17/2012 12:03 am)

http://gyazo.com/19f7908ead03a2054c1f4acad04010b4.png?1338784313http://gyazo.com/3352f4e60488a90d343f9513146ac296.png

#2 10/4/2012 1:39 pm

Twinfan

Re: Standard TW3 Clan War Rules

It's a little early to decide official clan rules. I think we need to play the game and get its nuances down so we can account for specifics this game has that need to be involved in rules.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2iapgqo.jpg
I am no longer an active member of Twboards, but if you need--or want--to talk to me, I have left the option of sending an email available. If you abuse it or spam me or something, I will A) Promptly remove the email option, and B) Hunt you to the ends of the Earth. Choose wisely and I wish you all the best of luck...

#3 10/4/2012 1:48 pm

God.Of.Green
Website

True, but some clans are already thinking about warring already, I just wanted to make the old rules applicable to the new game so if clans want to war during the beta period, they can. We can't stop them, so why not make the wars more civil?

http://gyazo.com/19f7908ead03a2054c1f4acad04010b4.png?1338784313http://gyazo.com/3352f4e60488a90d343f9513146ac296.png

#4 10/4/2012 5:11 pm

Kai
Website

Sounds solid, small changes will probably be made as time goes by, thanks Green

Rotinpeace.webs.com

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7896/deadpoolsigfinalbigffch.gif
([tse] mp04:5 - mp21) [tsp] mp04:2 - ma9 morf yadkeew yreve toR no m'I ,klat s'teL !!!!!YYEEHHH
tsilyalp yM

#5 10/4/2012 5:41 pm

Twinfan

Some clans are already talking about warring? Really? With only the beta and such a small (and esoteric) amount of people playing the beta, that seems ridiculous to me. Miswell erect an insiders club now if things are going to be done like that.

I am no longer an active member of Twboards, but if you need--or want--to talk to me, I have left the option of sending an email available. If you abuse it or spam me or something, I will A) Promptly remove the email option, and B) Hunt you to the ends of the Earth. Choose wisely and I wish you all the best of luck...

#6 10/4/2012 6:41 pm

sulliman1

Beta wars don't count for shit, if you record them you must mark them as such

I thought sides were determined randomly

You must specify what kind of war it is before beginning and when recording it. Note 1v1 wars (units), 1v1 wars (number of clan players), 3v3+ for units, 5v5 clan members, etc. Odd number of clan players should be encouraged to prevent tiebreakers because tiebreakers are messy (3v3, 5v5, 7v7, would be most common I'd think, 1v1 and 2v2 should be avoided since they hardly prove the capability of a clan as a whole).

Nobody records friendlies. They don't count for anything. They are for practice. Do sports teams factor in friendlies into their win counts?

You don't have to record your wins and losses if you don't want to but if you want to put up a record yeah you have to record every single war

Agree, 1 hour window for getting everyone's games started, no show for an hour = loss for the no show guy

1 hour game time limit is interesting, opinion reserved for now

Opinion reserved on tiebreaker as well

Agree on subs but only on the grace of the non-subbing team. If the non-subbing team doesn't want to make a sub, then either the original clan member has to finish the war or they take a loss in their matchup.

Agree on disconnects except for losing severely, because that requires evidence and not everyone should have to be screenshotting all the time. I'd say disconnects count as loss after the 2 minute mark, this can easily be proved because the game will tell you (in TWO at least)

Agree on standard rules hesitantly. Think that standard rules should include playing in the Ranked lobby

Agree on TW3 specific, good call on the rematch button. The clan calling out the supposed cheaters should be able to cancel the war as if it never happened in this case.

You can badger declining clans as much as you want, fuck that shit, you can always ban people from your chat, that's a gay rule

5 is gay too you can ban whoever you want that shouldn't be a rule it's just whatever. Ideally we'd have a war page where people from every clan go to war and so they are on equal, neutral footing but that probably won't happen.

You can argue too it's whatever let the clan leaders handle all this shit jesus. Same with 7 let them work it out themselves. You shouldn't put a win up unless you feel like you earned it. If people put up a lot of unearned wins then they'll get a reputation for it and then their record doesn't look as impressive so it's self-defeating anyway. There's no jury/council to decide which wars count and which ones are illegitimate so just trust in the community to moderate itself in this way. Set a good example with your own clan. We know honor, we can handle this stuff without guidelines.

You are not fucking obligated to screenshot all results that's sooooooo retarded just play the game if your opponent's a lying cheating bastard then just move on who gives a fuck

If you d/c you lose simple as that no ifs ands or buts regardless of who's winning, your opponent has full discretion on whether or not to waive it or count it as a loss

Undecided on 90 minutes

Agree on exact matches I think everyone should be meeting in the same TW3 lobby (Ranked) right before the matches start so you know where everyone's at

They say you fight the greatest jihad in your heart and your mind, so I dream the impossible all the time

#7 10/4/2012 7:03 pm

SeanxThexAssassin

Or there could be a separate lobby just for clan members because i'd imagine the ranked lobby would be extremely crowded in months to come. Not sure how this could work or if its been mentioned, which I'm sure it has.. just sayin

"Would you rather live a monster or die a good man?"

#8 10/13/2012 3:12 pm

Slicknife

holy shit green calm down

#9 10/14/2012 1:49 am

shadowalex5
Website

Why can't clans make their own war rules, and the clans that challenge them to a war must abide by their clans' rules?

Last edited by shadowalex5 (10/14/2012 1:49 am)

http://left4nerd.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/end_of_evangelion_by_chr5d50-wallpaper-600x200.png

#10 10/14/2012 2:21 am

Walrus King

I think Alex is actually onto something. Perhaps clans could do the way he suggested, but if a clan doesn't bother making it's own rules or two clans can't agree on one clan's rules then they have to use the "official" clan rules.

I can kind of see why clans would try to war now. If you were unsuccessful starting a clan on TWO why not try to make a new TW3 clan before everybody else? After all, alot the most successful TWO clans were made near the beginning.

Last edited by Walrus King (10/14/2012 2:22 am)

http://i55.tinypic.com/1zd14w3.jpg  http://i56.tinypic.com/24niult.jpg http://i56.tinypic.com/219xag6.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/4qle8g.jpg

#11 10/14/2012 3:25 am

Revenge

Yea beta wars shouldn't be counted for the clans overall war record. If you want to war during the beta then you may record it on your war page with the scores, but you shouldn't add a win or lose since more changes to the game are coming. Just my opinion.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2qai9ao.jpg

#12 10/14/2012 3:31 am

Twinfan

I, again, agree with Revenge--if you want to war this early, knock yourself out, but no matter what you say nothing is official yet.

I also disagree entirely with Alex. The community for so long tried to get a set of legitimate war rules for TWO, but we never could because too much had been established. Now, before TW3 is released, we have the chance to finally get a set of universal (generally) rules to stick by. It's just logic, if you can get everyone on the same page, things run easier.

#13 2/5/2014 8:08 am

TreeDC
Banned

Before finding what is the top anti-wrinkle creams for men, we will find the main reasons behind the appearance of wrinkles. With age, the cells lose the ability to divide. The skin starts thinning and loses its elasticity. This is because collagen and elastin tissue relax, finally lead to collapses, folds and wrinkles. With aging, skin also becomes increasingly dehydrated. Environmental factors, genetics and lifestyle also play a major role in this process. The daily exposure to pollution and sunlight harm its texture making it dull and lifeless. People addicted to alcohol and excessive smoking get early age wrinkles. A stressful lifestyle is one of the main reasons behind early onset of wrinkles.

#14 4/5/2014 6:50 am

chozo13064

THANKS YOU

#15 11/2/2014 3:02 am

hickory

Thanks, just a newbie here, and the Clan Rules gives me all ideas about the game.

Board footer