TWBoards.com

The official community for Territory War

You are not logged in.

#1 12/26/2012 10:33 pm

Ninjamongoose
Website

TW3 Challenge guides

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ba053d4fc5b7431f74f541692196c83a/tumblr_mkirpi6ojK1r829kho1_1280.png
With no angle reader in TW3 I can only give approximations of angle, but I can give you things to aim for.

Grenade:
Grenade challenge 1
Stage: Cove
Aim for the bottom right coral formation; there are four pink tubes in it. Use forward spin. It should hit the top of the longest tube.

Grenade challenge 2
Stage: Graveyard II
Land your grenade between each player to get your afro head here. It should be closer to the leftmost player than the rightmost player. Above the long branch on the left side, there is a clump of short branches. If you hit your grenade off of the rightmost branch, and you're using backspin, you should be able to get an afro head. All you need to do for this challenge is to deal 50 or more damage in total. Doing 50 damage to just one player does not count.  You can also get the afro head with a non-spin grenade, just land it in the same spot. Line your crosshair up with the arrow above your head and fill up the 'P' in P-O-W-E-R, going halfway works, but be careful not to let the bar go past the 'P'. You should try to bounce your grenade off the taller branch in the middle of the group of five.

Grenade challenge 3
Stage: City
(backspin) You need to land the grenade between the enemy player's legs. If you move your crosshair such that one of the lines forms a ~80 degree angle with the arrow above your head, and fill the power bar such that its between the 'P' and the 'O,' you should be able to get and afro head. It helps to aim for the leftmost part of the building in front of the crane. try to avoid full power grenades.

Grenade challenge 4
Stage: Circus
(forward spin) The tent has three sections. You want to aim for the section with the strings. Your grenade should hit should with the first bounce. Generally, your grenade will have to hit them above the fence, or they won't clear the cotton candy stand. Try to line your crosshair up with the 'P' in player(form an obtuse angle with it.) You should try to fill your power bar as much as possible without getting full power.

Grenade challenge 5
Stage: Castle II
I'm not sure if you have to use spin, but I only got afro heads while using spin. You have to send one of them off the edge of the map.
Line up your cross hair with the 'r' in 'Player' so that the crosshair touches the 'r.' Use forward spin, and fill your power bar to between the 'W' and 'E' in power. This challenge requires extreme precision. You need to do at least 35 damage to the guy that doesn't go off the edge to get your afro head.

Magnum:

Every magnum challenge can be completed by having the 'up arrow' on your keyboard held before you start the challenge. If you miss or do not beat your desired time, simply press enter and continue holding down the 'up arrow.' All you need to do differently for each challenge is when you press the 'a' button.

Magnum I:
Stage:City
Get the headshot in under 20 seconds.

Magnum II:
Stage: Graveyard
Get the headshot in under 20 seconds without shooting your teammate

Magnum III:
Get the headshot in under 20 seconds.

Magnum IV:
Stage:Mountain
Damage the red guy; you do not have to get a headshot. The 'afro time' is presumably under 30 seconds. If you have a slower time for it and have an afro head, I'd like to know.

Magnum V:
Stage:City
Get the headshot in (presumably) under 70 seconds. If you have a slower time for it and have an afro head, I'd like to know.

Mortar::

Mortar challenge 1
Aim for the red guy in the middle

Mortar challenge 2
The mortar should be barely touching a street light. Power should be in the "O" in P-O-W-E-R. The difference between Gold and Blue is all luck. Don't waste your night on it.

Mortar challenge 3
Aim for the red guy in the middle. If you can do 55 damage to him you should get an afro head.

Mortar challenge 4
Power should nearly fill the 'O,' but go no farther than the 'O.'

Mortar challenge 5
Stage: Mountain
Don't aim for the topmost guy. Getting maximum damage on the second highest up guy should get you an afro head.

RPG:

RPG challenge 1
Aim for the rightmost guy's head.

RPG challenge 2
Hit the guy in the middle directly.

RPG challenge 3
Hit the guy in such a was as to knock him off the side of the map

RPG challenge 4
Hit the guy directly

RPG challenge 5
There are two grooves in the bush you need to hit. Aim for the left most groove. You should hit players 6, 4, and 3.

Boot:

Boot Challenge 1
Max power.

Boot Challenge 2
Max power.

Boot Challenge 3
Don't let the power bar reach 'R'

Boot challenge 4
fill up the 'O' two thirds of the way

Boot Challenge 5
Fill up the 'O' completely, but don't let it reach the 'P'
*Impossible with the box present

Teleporter:

Teleporter 1
Clear the long branch. Vary power and angle accordingly once you know what passes it. You can also complete the challenge by throwing the teleporter through the hole at the base of the castle, but it requires way too much precision to be practical.

Teleporter 2
There are five stairways in the red castle. Aim for the bottom stair of the bottommost right stairway. Do not hit the top of it. You can't hit the stair by throwing it over the wall.

Teleporter 3
There are three strings attaching the balloon to the platform. Landing your grenade on the middle of the topmost spring should get you the afro head.

Teleporter 4
Try to have the teleporter land on the very tip of the balcony. Never got into the base by throwing to the left.

Teleporter 5
Landing on the leftmost part of the platform will not get you an afro head

Sniper:
Find a mouse position that will get you the headshot as soon as you start the challenge. Do not move your mouse after that. Retry the challenge until you get your time under .20 seconds. Presumably the game rounds up, so 19.99 seconds might look like .2 and still get you the afro head. Having a time of zero will win you the challenge, but it won't get you a trophy or an afro head.
If you don't have a record set for a given sniper challenge yet, it is possible to hold down the 'a' button before pressing enter and still get the afro head and have your time of '0' recorded, presuming that you already have the correct aim with your rifle before you start the challenge(source: StickManofTW3)

Acid Launcher:

Acid Launcher 1
Aim for the guy.

Acid launcher 2
Try to hit the leftmost guy in the toe. You don't even need to change the angle. Simply press 'a.'

Acid Launcher 3
Aim for the topmost guy.

Acid Launcher 4
The easiest way to do this is to try to have the very edge of the flat part of the stream hit the red guy. You can do this from both above and under the blue guy. Above is easier.

Acid launcher 5
All you have to do is hit the red guy. When he flips, he should fall off the stage.

If any of you have better methods or better ways of getting the afro heads, I'd be happy to add them to the post. Screenshots will come if I have the energy to add them later on.

Associated titles/heads:
Bronze heads(have bronze or higher in every challenge)
Silver heads(have silver or higher in every challenge)
Gold heads(have gold or higher in every challenge)

Last edited by Ninjamongoose (2/1/2014 8:30 am)

*Farting*

#2 12/27/2012 12:13 am

Kai
Website

Re: TW3 Challenge guides

Damn dude, nice, and thanks

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7896/deadpoolsigfinalbigffch.gif
([tse] mp04:5 - mp21) [tsp] mp04:2 - ma9 morf yadkeew yreve toR no m'I ,klat s'teL !!!!!YYEEHHH
tsilyalp yM

#3 12/27/2012 12:37 am

Slicknife

Grenade #1 is the fucking hardest for me.

Edit: Nvm haha I did what you said and got it now.

Last edited by Slicknife (12/27/2012 12:43 am)

#4 12/27/2012 2:22 am

Twinfan

Good stuff Mongoose, thanks for making this.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2iapgqo.jpg
I am no longer an active member of Twboards, but if you need--or want--to talk to me, I have left the option of sending an email available. If you abuse it or spam me or something, I will A) Promptly remove the email option, and B) Hunt you to the ends of the Earth. Choose wisely and I wish you all the best of luck...

#5 12/27/2012 5:48 am

Rondo

I thought Teleporter 2 was impossible cuz I kept trying to go over wall... Thanks

#6 12/27/2012 9:45 pm

StickmanofTW3

Ninjamongoose wrote:

Magnum:
Get the headshot in under .20 seconds.

You can't make a headshot in under 20 seconds in Magnum V.

BTW, I know a pretty easy method to get Afro-Ninja's blue head in Sniper Rifle. Aim correctly with the arrow, hold A and push Enter. Suddenly, the headshot will be made. Try to don't do any other score before, so you can get 0.01 in every Sniper Rifle challenges. What I'm not sure is if this works with everybody.

#7 12/27/2012 10:55 pm

Ninjamongoose
Website

StickmanofTW3 wrote:

Ninjamongoose wrote:

Magnum:

BTW, I know a pretty easy method to get Afro-Ninja's blue head in Sniper Rifle. Aim correctly with the arrow, hold A and push Enter. Suddenly, the headshot will be made. Try to don't do any other score before, so you can get 0.01 in every Sniper Rifle challenges. What I'm not sure is if this works with everybody.

That's pretty much the same as my method. I'll add something about it to the OP anyway.

You're right about the time not being 20 for every challenge though. Updating accordingly after I take some screenshots.

Edit: Updated

Last edited by Ninjamongoose (12/27/2012 11:20 pm)

*Farting*

#8 12/28/2012 1:14 am

Slicknife

Yeah mongoose Mortar II was the challenge I had to do a million times to get blue Afro head, just keep trying wink.  Oh for the record I got all blue afros, kinda disappointed with  the hat though.

Last edited by Slicknife (12/28/2012 1:16 am)

#9 12/28/2012 11:27 pm

StickmanofTW3

Ninjamongoose wrote:

StickmanofTW3 wrote:

Ninjamongoose wrote:

Magnum:

That's pretty much the same as my method. I'll add something about it to the OP anyway.

You're right about the time not being 20 for every challenge though. Updating accordingly after I take some screenshots.

Edit: Updated

Yeah, but the method I mentioned looks more easy to do.

Also, thanks for adding what I said.

#10 12/30/2012 8:10 am

R.I.P
Website

We get a special hat for having all blue-afro-heads?

#11 12/30/2012 8:31 am

Ninjamongoose
Website

I think you get a silver hat for having gold or higher in every challenge, but I'm not sure

Last edited by Ninjamongoose (12/30/2012 8:31 am)

*Farting*

#12 12/30/2012 8:40 am

Kai
Website

bronze, silver, gold and outline hat

bronze for getting all bronze in challenges, silver for all silver, and so forth

([tse] mp04:5 - mp21) [tsp] mp04:2 - ma9 morf yadkeew yreve toR no m'I ,klat s'teL !!!!!YYEEHHH
tsilyalp yM

#13 12/30/2012 9:08 am

Ninjamongoose
Website

Kai wrote:

bronze for getting all bronze in challenges, silver for all silver, and so forth

there are people with the gold hat that haven't gotten past gold in every challenge yet, and I didn't have the gold hat when I had mostly gold instead of mostly afro heads.

*Farting*

#14 12/30/2012 3:18 pm

mariomessi

wait how come I have the bronze hat if I don't have anymore bronzes in my challenges -.-

http://www.forum-signatures.com/wizard/Sigs/2010/final1359859393181.jpg

#15 12/30/2012 4:56 pm

User972302
Website

Because you don't lose hats after you've earned them.

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab29/97SNM2010/newsig2.png
TWO War Record: 163.5 - 42.5 (est. 50 matches missing) TW3 War Record: 114 - 45
Total War Record: 277.5 - 87.5 Notable Opponents

#16 12/31/2012 2:19 am

Kai
Website

Ninjamongoose wrote:

Kai wrote:

there are people with the gold hat that haven't gotten past gold in every challenge yet, and I didn't have the gold hat when I had mostly gold instead of mostly afro heads.

Oh that's odd, I just assumed that's how it worked out

tsilyalp yM

#17 1/25/2013 3:58 am

mariomessi

so once you get a hat you can't get an outline hat ? because I have a bronze even though mostly all of them are afro heads and no broze heads

#18 3/31/2013 10:08 am

Ninjamongoose
Website

Kai wrote:

Ninjamongoose wrote:

Kai wrote:

Oh that's odd, I just assumed that's how it worked out

bronze, silver and gold heads being linked to training challenges confirmed; OP updated accordingly.

*Farting*

#19 3/31/2013 3:35 pm

MissionAccomplished
Banned

mariomessi wrote:

so once you get a hat you can't get an outline hat ? because I have a bronze even though mostly all of them are afro heads and no broze heads

No, you get the hat for the most successful you were in all challenges. (if I got gold in all challenges, I'd still get silver and bronze as well, but I can still improve and get invisible head)

http://www.forum-signatures.com/wizard2/Wizard2Sigs/20130104/5158dbd421691.jpg
Ain't that true?

#20 3/31/2013 11:40 pm

mariomessi

MissionAccomplished wrote:

mariomessi wrote:

No, you get the hat for the most successful you were in all challenges. (if I got gold in all challenges, I'd still get silver and bronze as well, but I can still improve and get invisible head)

I know

#21 4/1/2013 12:27 am

MissionAccomplished
Banned

mariomessi wrote:

MissionAccomplished wrote:

mariomessi wrote:

I know

You sure didn't sound like it.

http://www.forum-signatures.com/wizard2/Wizard2Sigs/20130104/5158dbd421691.jpg
Ain't that true?

#22 4/1/2013 12:41 am

mariomessi

That was long ago
Plus I've been playing the game longer than you

#23 4/1/2013 1:25 am

Seanishere

Can someone tell me if you use forward or back spin on the grenade 5 for castle? And tell me what letter on the power to stop on, please? I can find the angle myself if I know these things.

#24 4/1/2013 1:39 am

Puri

My life won't be complete until I beat grenade for castle and teleporter for mountain.

Simplicity is best.

#25 4/1/2013 1:42 am

Seanishere

I got the Mountain one on my 3rd try, all I need now is Grenade V[Castle] and all Snipers sad

Board footer