You are not logged in.

#51 4/12/2013 11:26 pm

Kai
Website

Re: TW3 skill ranking system

Psst, Mario Messi's a booster too

Or so I've been told

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7896/deadpoolsigfinalbigffch.gif
([tse] mp04:5 - mp21) [tsp] mp04:2 - ma9 morf yadkeew yreve toR no m'I ,klat s'teL !!!!!YYEEHHH
tsilyalp yM

#52 4/12/2013 11:34 pm

mariomessi

lolwut

http://www.forum-signatures.com/wizard/Sigs/2010/final1359859393181.jpg

#53 4/13/2013 2:57 am

Afro-Ninja
Admin
Website

mike is right, it's not really in my best interest to be the one in charge of filtering out boosters.

Afro-Ninja Productions
http://afro-ninja.com

#54 4/13/2013 6:30 am

binkyN1

Afro-Ninja wrote:

mike is right, it's not really in my best interest to be the one in charge of filtering out boosters.

Should we just ignore them?

#55 4/13/2013 6:41 am

Website

Could there be some booster busters that ban or reset the stats of blatant boosters or something of that nature? I'm not sure if that is even possible on tw3, or if there's even anyone trustworthy enough to hold the key to banning anyone from tw3.

#56 4/13/2013 3:45 pm

Rodimus Mike

2642927 wrote:

Could there be some booster busters that ban or reset the stats of blatant boosters or something of that nature? I'm not sure if that is even possible on tw3, or if there's even anyone trustworthy enough to hold the key to banning anyone from tw3.

Completely missed what Afro just said. It's not in his interest. Getting rid of boosters means getting rid of players. Getting rid of players means getting rid of revenue. Getting rid of revenue means the game dies and we're left with no new content. If boosters bother you that much, then it's up to you to ignore them, ridicule them, or do whatever it is you feel is necessary. In the long run though, they're not hurting you, so how you react is completely on you.

binkyN1 wrote:

You can ignore them, yell at them, praise them, or anything in between. Nothing really changes, you're still playing the game and they're still playing the game. Their skill doesn't get any better, but they don't get anything by cheating. You have a forum here, speak to your piers and figure out the best course of action, if any is needed. Personally, if some kids wants to spend hours in front of a game that's completely devoid of any drama or excitement just so that he can sit in a lobby with a fake medal, that's cool. Games are supposed to make you happy, who are you to say where he should get that happiness?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/mars1566/lastsupper_zps73b080aa.jpg

#57 4/13/2013 4:09 pm

Dylligrapihy
Banned
Website

Yes, mike is right. We shouldn't ban, remove, or reset any people. We all love this game. Isn't it ?

Taiwan.Team
人生得意須盡歡,莫使金樽空對月。天生我才必有用,千金散盡還復來。
烹羊宰牛且為樂,會須一飲三百杯。岑夫子,丹丘生,將進酒,杯莫停。

#58 4/13/2013 4:19 pm

binkyN1

While I agree with you to some extent, Mike, in other games exploiting usually leads to a ban or removal of everything you gained (take Kripparian for example—he was permabanned for exploiting in Guild Wars 2). Same goes for virtually all major MMO games. You exploit—you get banned.

Your humility extends to those boosting, but how about those annoyed by the boosters? Do you count them? Aren't the latter in majority?

#59 4/13/2013 7:28 pm

Rodimus Mike

Exploiting in major MMOs is a different scenario because A) You're paying for a service and expect everyone to be on a level playing field, and B) Exploiting helps you gain an advantage over other people, whether it be more money or more experience and therefore more power. This is a free flash game, and all the things you earn in no way offer you anything more than anyone else.

And since we're talking about the majority of players, and if they deserve a voice and my humility...I would say yes, and I would venture a guess that the majority of people either don't know or don't care about boosting.

#60 4/13/2013 7:34 pm

User972302
Website

All I care about is seeing boosters' user names removed from the skillrank list. I feel this conversation originated on that topic and has now shifted to banning boosters altogether. What do you think about simply removing their user names from this list, Afro? Mike?

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab29/97SNM2010/newsig2.png
TWO War Record: 163.5 - 42.5 (est. 50 matches missing) TW3 War Record: 114 - 45
Total War Record: 277.5 - 87.5 Notable Opponents

#61 4/13/2013 7:37 pm

binkyN1

Hmm. You're actually right. How about we ask Afro to put up a poll to see whether boosting concerns players?

#62 4/13/2013 7:41 pm

MrPickle962

Boosters have no fucking life if all they do is try to get high scores on a fucking flash game. I would just remove those faggots or ignore them. Let them do what they want.

#63 4/13/2013 8:03 pm

Website

Rodimus Mike wrote:

2642927 wrote:

Completely missed what Afro just said. It's not in his interest. Getting rid of boosters means getting rid of players. Getting rid of players means getting rid of revenue. Getting rid of revenue means the game dies and we're left with no new content. If boosters bother you that much, then it's up to you to ignore them, ridicule them, or do whatever it is you feel is necessary. In the long run though, they're not hurting you, so how you react is completely on you.

binkyN1 wrote:

You can ignore them, yell at them, praise them, or anything in between. Nothing really changes, you're still playing the game and they're still playing the game. Their skill doesn't get any better, but they don't get anything by cheating. You have a forum here, speak to your piers and figure out the best course of action, if any is needed. Personally, if some kids wants to spend hours in front of a game that's completely devoid of any drama or excitement just so that he can sit in a lobby with a fake medal, that's cool. Games are supposed to make you happy, who are you to say where he should get that happiness?

I just meant banning their boosting account or resetting their stats. It's not a big deal if it doesn't happen since we all know who boosts anyway.

#64 4/14/2013 1:10 am

shadow9997

I think that would be a good idea. Banning an account for a short period of time, or altering their wins would be good.

Getoutofmyyard is awesome.

Tw3 is dead.

#65 4/14/2013 3:48 am

Twinfan

Make boosters walk the plank.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2iapgqo.jpg
I am no longer an active member of Twboards, but if you need--or want--to talk to me, I have left the option of sending an email available. If you abuse it or spam me or something, I will A) Promptly remove the email option, and B) Hunt you to the ends of the Earth. Choose wisely and I wish you all the best of luck...

#66 4/14/2013 3:06 pm

Rodimus Mike

Removing from a list isn't too bad, but they should still be allowed to play. It's not up to you, me, or anyone else to tell someone how to play a game.

#67 4/14/2013 6:27 pm

mariomessi

http://www.forum-signatures.com/wizard/Sigs/2010/final1359859393181.jpg

#68 4/14/2013 10:36 pm

Afro-Ninja
Admin
Website

I don't like boosters either, and I'm strongly considering removing a few from the top score list, but it gets to be a slippery slope.
part of the problem is that it's a clunky process. the board is hosted on xgen's site, so when I or we decide that someone is a booster I have to just manually edit my copy of the list to exclude those names. so it turns into something like

$listOfBoosters = ["name1", "name2", "name3", "name4"];

foreach($user in $users)
{
if($listOfBoosters.contains($user))continue;
else printInfo($user);
}

then I send my updated copy to them, they upload it, and we wait for the next night for the scores to be updated.

though I suppose taking action now to remove some boosters will discourage future boosters. I'm not too worried about 'losing money from people not playing' as right now there are only a few to deal with.

the slippery slope though is when boosters start getting creative and signing up for many different accounts to boost with, thus making it that much harder to decide who goes on the list and who doesn't. also if I end up adding 100 names to the list it starts getting a bit messy to deal with.

Afro-Ninja Productions
http://afro-ninja.com

#69 4/15/2013 1:55 pm

lucius65
Website

Afro-Ninja wrote:

. .   $listOfBoosters = ["name1", "name2", "name3", "name4"]; . .

this is another good idea . . I like it++

Last edited by lucius65 (4/15/2013 1:56 pm)

(full size for better graphics)  Two TOP40 chart    my TW3 ranking    TW3 top200 round robin

#70 4/19/2013 2:03 pm

Natas1

I am a booster myself, well i was. Im glad i was removed by the unofficial ranking system. But if had the mindset of a booster i would encourage for some things to be done except for doing one thing,   a reset on all accounts to start fresh OR to do a daily reset skill ranking system, this should keep the game fresh for new players to be in the leader board. This sounds like a good idea, if not a day then less than a week. A day is way better and plus it'll be another easy way to catch a booster since boosters tend to hide their last recent games by playing with normal players until the the accounts that they boosted  disappear. Lets be smart here, we are preventing players from continuing to boost and plus like Afro said, "I'm not too worried about 'losing money from people not playing' as right now there are only a few to deal with." This should should become boring and stressful to the boosters if the skill ranking system were to reset everyday with a click of a button or to program it to reset by itself. Im still coming up with the kills and deaths (boosters) system to reset but then again who wants to get 1000 kills all over again NOT BOOSTERS lol. But the medals either should or shouldnt disappear, plus keep in mind this should also keep the game fresh. The skill ranking reset system should be more easier since there isnt medals for Skill system. I believe this should be put to a test and that this will work because every time i create a game it takes so long for player to decide if they should play or not because of skill level is lower than theirs then they most likely wont play with you, but if the reset system does happen, everyone will start joining in games more often to get high skill points. Please take this to consideration. I know this will really be a good way to slow down or stop boosters from cheating. I average out in  a day how many games i would play and it would be from 15 to 25, if the reset skill system happens i am positive that i would have at least 50 games to play. Keeps the game fresh and stop boosters from boosting so easily because mostly boosters come at night, and once they boost the skill ranking would be reset by midnight, for when morning comes players will check who they played with and BAM you have caught a booster. Also a community ban choice where the community decides who did wrong. But the  again how can we trust them that the community wont abuse this power. Moderators should be placed to record or screen shot the boosters post on a thread or via a youtube to show the proof. Afro im asking for one request if you Could you reset my natas1 account on ttw3. I didnt intend to use it for being on the top of the leader boards, i mean there were no leader boards on beta testing lol. I just wanted to make a video to show all the uncheckables and such, for players to look at and know how to get them. Oh and thank you for the comment on my youtube tw3 commentary. One last thing, this might sound unfair for instance "hey im not a booster why should i be reset" the fact of the matter is, this is a problem for everyone Even Afro doesnt like boosters, so if we do a reset skill system this would be an easier way to catch boosters and keep the community at a fair state.

Last edited by Natas1 (4/19/2013 3:28 pm)

#71 4/19/2013 3:32 pm

God.Of.Green
Website

Thanks Natas1, I'm sure a lot of people needed the viewpoint of an actual booster. Thanks for your input.

http://gyazo.com/19f7908ead03a2054c1f4acad04010b4.png?1338784313http://gyazo.com/3352f4e60488a90d343f9513146ac296.png

#72 4/19/2013 6:09 pm

Twinfan

Not to be inconsiderate, but that is a torture to read natas; can you edit it into paragraphs?

http://i29.tinypic.com/2iapgqo.jpg
I am no longer an active member of Twboards, but if you need--or want--to talk to me, I have left the option of sending an email available. If you abuse it or spam me or something, I will A) Promptly remove the email option, and B) Hunt you to the ends of the Earth. Choose wisely and I wish you all the best of luck...

#73 4/19/2013 6:52 pm

Natas1

Everything that needed to be addressed in this manner is in all of that 1 page paper

#74 4/19/2013 8:21 pm

shadow9997

It's a distraction, while we are reading that long essay, more boosters emerge....

Getoutofmyyard is awesome.

Tw3 is dead.

#75 4/20/2013 1:15 am

Natas1

I hope afro.ninja takes a look at my suggestion, it sounds really useful. Giving it a shot would be nice

Board footer