TWBoards.com

The official community for Territory War

You are not logged in.

#26 1/18/2014 3:56 pm

User972302
Member
From: I am 18 yrs. old
Registered: 1/14/2011
Posts: 5590
Website

Re: Anyone alive?

exe.Cute wrote:

Although I wouldn't be opposed to it, so if you wanted to trade me yours I'd be happy to make the swap.

dayum


http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab29/97SNM2010/newsig2.png
TWO War Record: 163.5 - 42.5 (est. 50 matches missing) TW3 War Record: 114 - 45
Total War Record: 277.5 - 87.5 Notable Opponents

Offline

 

#27 1/18/2014 7:47 pm

Walrus King
Member
From: Tennessee
Registered: 12/2/2009
Posts: 4570

Re: Anyone alive?

Well with all these people returning there might actually be a chance of reviving the boards, for a short period of time at least.


http://i55.tinypic.com/1zd14w3.jpg  http://i56.tinypic.com/24niult.jpg http://i56.tinypic.com/219xag6.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/4qle8g.jpg

Offline

 

#28 1/18/2014 7:55 pm

Ninjamongoose
Member
From: Garbanzo land
Registered: 7/14/2010
Posts: 2583
Website

Re: Anyone alive?

What an interesting first post of 2014.

"Got any class yet, or are you still from Manchester?"

You see, 2green is satirically pretending to be an asshole so that CViper has to truly question his actions. Simply saying "Classy." would not have sufficed to get the message that green wanted to get across. Normally, a dick is only a dick to non-dicks. However, 2green has created an interesting situation in which he acts like a dick to someone who is also a dick. The out of the ordinary situation that 2green has ingeniously created will force CViper to really consider his actions, prompting thoughts such as "If a dick like 2green is calling me out, I may really have gone too far." Normally, CViper would be able to dismiss other criticism as evidence of hypersenitivity, but 2green has deftly circumvented that to put CViper in a situation wherein he could not possibly dismiss 2green at all. Absolutely extraordinary. I never would have thought of that. In fact, I would have completely ignored him out of fear for not being able to tell him off in a way that would really stick. In that regard, 2green is better than I; he is fearless. A true hero. Good post, green.

also, hi Exe!


*Farting*

Offline

 

#29 1/19/2014 2:14 am

Strawberrypoptart
Member
Registered: 8/12/2013
Posts: 799

Re: Anyone alive?

10/10 would read again


http://i43.tinypic.com/2zzkrbb.png

Offline

 

#30 1/19/2014 2:21 am

exe.Cute
Member
From: South Carolina
Registered: 8/12/2008
Posts: 4634

Re: Anyone alive?

Still unmarried - I'll be getting an official proposal (with ring!) soon, though, so the whole "we're doing this aren't we?" will become more of an officially engaged kind of deal.  I'm really looking forward to that!

Hi Mongoose!  Your post is an excellent critique, well done A+ analysis.

And hi to all the other people too.


While no longer active on these forums, I'm available by email if you'd like to talk to me.

Offline

 

#31 1/19/2014 3:10 am

Strawberrypoptart
Member
Registered: 8/12/2013
Posts: 799

Re: Anyone alive?

i can't recall the "About Me" topic too well-is your fiance a transsexual as well?


http://i43.tinypic.com/2zzkrbb.png

Offline

 

#32 1/19/2014 3:55 am

PizzaEatPizza
Member
From: Ontario, CANADA!
Registered: 12/14/2008
Posts: 1069
Website

Re: Anyone alive?

It'd be cool if Shadowken came back to check and respond to the answers to his question. >.>


http://i33.tinypic.com/2nlblom.png
http://a.imagehost.org/0854/pzav7.png
pizzaeatpizza.mybrute.com   Typo made by Phantom >.> lol       

Offline

 

#33 1/19/2014 3:59 am

CViper
Member
From: Salford, Greater Manchester
Registered: 8/8/2009
Posts: 8039

Re: Anyone alive?

There are a couple of things wrong with your analysis, Mongoose. I haven't reconsidered anything and I haven't gone too far. In fact I don't believe in the concept of "too far".


http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/crimsonviper_/Manchester-1.png

Be Alert! Britain Needs Lerts!!

Offline

 

#34 1/19/2014 10:24 am

Getoutofmyyard
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 6/13/2010
Posts: 1626

Re: Anyone alive?

Wait what the fuck, am I getting this right? Exe is a transexual?

That's news to me.


http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y398/ninjastyle124/Goomy_zps2ab253ee.png

Offline

 

#35 1/19/2014 7:18 pm

Walrus King
Member
From: Tennessee
Registered: 12/2/2009
Posts: 4570

Re: Anyone alive?

I'll link you to the topic where Exe talks about this stuff if I can find it but I'll just briefly explain right now. Basically Exe is a man who is in the process of becoming a woman. The process isn't as simple as you think though so it takes a few years. I feel like I've simplified it to the point of sounding offensive so sorry about that but that's the best way I could put it.

http://www.twboards.com/viewtopic.php?id=6394

Last edited by Walrus King (1/19/2014 7:19 pm)


http://i55.tinypic.com/1zd14w3.jpg  http://i56.tinypic.com/24niult.jpg http://i56.tinypic.com/219xag6.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/4qle8g.jpg

Offline

 

#36 1/19/2014 7:29 pm

Getoutofmyyard
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 6/13/2010
Posts: 1626

Re: Anyone alive?

Shiiiit.

Well, I still respect you Exe. <3


http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y398/ninjastyle124/Goomy_zps2ab253ee.png

Offline

 

#37 1/19/2014 7:47 pm

exe.Cute
Member
From: South Carolina
Registered: 8/12/2008
Posts: 4634

Re: Anyone alive?

My fiance is genderfluid, and takes on most traditional masculine roles in our relationship in spite of being biologically female.  So no, she's not transsexual, but she is under the transgender umbrella and I love her for it.

Calling me a man is pretty offensive to me, to be honest.  I am not and have never been a man - and suppressing my preferred gender expression solely for the benefit of a society that can't handle it, until such time as I can blend in without doing so by virtue of altering my sex characteristics doesn't change the fact that I am not a man.

I'm trans, I'm a woman, I don't define myself by my body (and especially not by my genitalia) and neither should anyone else.  Making a gender transition is in no way changing anything about my identity, values, attitudes, etc.  It's just so I can go out in public without people constantly misjudging me, and particularly thinking I'm a freakshow for absolutely no legitimate reason whatsoever. It's really not that complicated - just call me what I am.  Don't use male pronouns or descriptors for me unless you refuse to acknowledge my gender identity.

While I don't typically love being judged on my appearance, particularly on how well I conform to social expectations, I'm doing so pretty well at the moment and I'm more than a little bit happy about it.  For reference: http://gyazo.com/43c17dc6ef51e45b111f098f8da4c97f (the shirt is a gift from my fiance lol)

Going full time is something that will be happening soon - 1-3 months if things work out.

Also srsly how many times do I have to explain this stuff here?  It's not like being trans is my only defining character trait.  I guess if you guys don't have anything else to talk about.


While no longer active on these forums, I'm available by email if you'd like to talk to me.

Offline

 

#38 1/19/2014 8:14 pm

Alchemist21
Member
From: North Carolina
Registered: 10/13/2009
Posts: 1177
Website

Re: Anyone alive?

Lol Turnips.  Same random Exe.

Are you going to live on America or Europe after you get married?

Last edited by Alchemist21 (1/19/2014 8:19 pm)

Offline

 

#39 1/19/2014 8:40 pm

exe.Cute
Member
From: South Carolina
Registered: 8/12/2008
Posts: 4634

Re: Anyone alive?

She's going to be moving over here once we get through the long and painful immigration process, which we'll hopefully do this year.  You see, the long and painful process of transition wasn't enough long and painful process for me, I needed another one.


While no longer active on these forums, I'm available by email if you'd like to talk to me.

Offline

 

#40 1/19/2014 9:11 pm

Kai
Member
From: .red: 12/17/2010
Registered: 12/17/2010
Posts: 3812
Website

Re: Anyone alive?

exe.Cute wrote:

It's really not that complicated - just call me what I am.

I personally just call others what they want to be


http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7896/deadpoolsigfinalbigffch.gif
([tse] mp04:5 - mp21) [tsp] mp04:2 - ma9 morf yadkeew yreve toR no m'I ,klat s'teL !!!!!YYEEHHH
tsilyalp yM

Offline

 

#41 1/19/2014 9:33 pm

exe.Cute
Member
From: South Carolina
Registered: 8/12/2008
Posts: 4634

Re: Anyone alive?

I mean I want to be an immortal trillionaire capable of shifting from one plane to the next on a whim and made entirely out of Starmetal, but that's not really my identity.


While no longer active on these forums, I'm available by email if you'd like to talk to me.

Offline

 

#42 1/19/2014 10:18 pm

Walrus King
Member
From: Tennessee
Registered: 12/2/2009
Posts: 4570

Re: Anyone alive?

exe.Cute wrote:

My fiance is genderfluid, and takes on most traditional masculine roles in our relationship in spite of being biologically female.  So no, she's not transsexual, but she is under the transgender umbrella and I love her for it.

Calling me a man is pretty offensive to me, to be honest.  I am not and have never been a man - and suppressing my preferred gender expression solely for the benefit of a society that can't handle it, until such time as I can blend in without doing so by virtue of altering my sex characteristics doesn't change the fact that I am not a man.

I'm trans, I'm a woman, I don't define myself by my body (and especially not by my genitalia) and neither should anyone else.  Making a gender transition is in no way changing anything about my identity, values, attitudes, etc.  It's just so I can go out in public without people constantly misjudging me, and particularly thinking I'm a freakshow for absolutely no legitimate reason whatsoever. It's really not that complicated - just call me what I am.  Don't use male pronouns or descriptors for me unless you refuse to acknowledge my gender identity.

While I don't typically love being judged on my appearance, particularly on how well I conform to social expectations, I'm doing so pretty well at the moment and I'm more than a little bit happy about it.  For reference: http://gyazo.com/43c17dc6ef51e45b111f098f8da4c97f (the shirt is a gift from my fiance lol)

Going full time is something that will be happening soon - 1-3 months if things work out.

Also srsly how many times do I have to explain this stuff here?  It's not like being trans is my only defining character trait.  I guess if you guys don't have anything else to talk about.

Look around you, we really don't have anything else to talk about lol. But I can definitely see why it'd be annoying. Yesterday I had to explain to Binky that my suicide topic was fake and I am still alive (yes, I'm talking about the topic I made at least 2 years ago).

Anyways, I figured saying you are a "man" might've sounded offensive but it just seems logical to me. I still generally refer to you as a "she" whenever you are discussed because I still think of you as a woman and I get you "identify" yourself that way. But when most people ask what gender or sex you are they just mean physically so I'm going to answer physically. Obviously you can take the time to explain the difference between "gender" and "sex" but I don't feel the need to because I know that's not what the person is asking.

Last edited by Walrus King (1/19/2014 10:22 pm)


http://i55.tinypic.com/1zd14w3.jpg  http://i56.tinypic.com/24niult.jpg http://i56.tinypic.com/219xag6.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/4qle8g.jpg

Offline

 

#43 1/19/2014 11:37 pm

Ninjamongoose
Member
From: Garbanzo land
Registered: 7/14/2010
Posts: 2583
Website

Re: Anyone alive?

If there's something interesting to talk about, why not talk about it.

You're not here a lot exe, so people are going to ask "hey, what's going on with you." whenever you show up. People would probably bring this thing up less with you if you were a regular poster and/or lurker.


*Farting*

Offline

 

#44 1/19/2014 11:55 pm

exe.Cute
Member
From: South Carolina
Registered: 8/12/2008
Posts: 4634

Re: Anyone alive?

It's fair, I guess, I just feel like the only thing anyone remembers about me nowadays is that I'm trans.  Or that it seems like I solely come here to force a trans discussion where there wasn't one before.

Typically "man" and "woman" are gender terms, whereas "male" and "female" are sex terms.  There's also "masculine" and "feminine" as expression terms.  Although doing it this way doesn't leave any sort of word that collectively groups male/man/masculine together as one, which I find myself needing.  "The manly end of the spectrum"?  "Male-and-associated?"  "Testosteriffic?"  I've got nothing.

Of course not only are none of these actually in a binary, they're not even on a single axis each.  Gender's complicated.

But I'm a whole lot less offended with the male end of sex terms e.g. "biologically male" or "has a Y chromosome" than with the male end of the gender terms e.g. "a man."  I'm even okay with "yeah she's got a dick."  I don't mind crass, but I do mind inaccurate.

Also for fun, this is the best Trans 101 I've read to date.


While no longer active on these forums, I'm available by email if you'd like to talk to me.

Offline

 

#45 1/20/2014 12:14 am

CViper
Member
From: Salford, Greater Manchester
Registered: 8/8/2009
Posts: 8039

Re: Anyone alive?

My immediate impression of you is of the person that made those damn good puzzles that ad the boards scratching their collective heads.


http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/crimsonviper_/Manchester-1.png

Be Alert! Britain Needs Lerts!!

Offline

 

#46 1/20/2014 12:59 am

exe.Cute
Member
From: South Carolina
Registered: 8/12/2008
Posts: 4634

Re: Anyone alive?

Oh hey I'd forgotten about those.  Excellent!


While no longer active on these forums, I'm available by email if you'd like to talk to me.

Offline

 

#47 1/20/2014 1:23 am

Alchemist21
Member
From: North Carolina
Registered: 10/13/2009
Posts: 1177
Website

Re: Anyone alive?

I remember the Four Winds chat group.  Also the sessions of Nutsy Bolts.  I remember one time we had orc, shadowken, draco, and err...  I'm drawing a blank here.  Kayga maybe?  Anyway those were fun as hell and made me addicted to that game for a while.

Offline

 

#48 1/20/2014 2:11 am

shadowalex5
Member
From: Louisville
Registered: 8/26/2008
Posts: 3204
Website

Re: Anyone alive?

exe.Cute wrote:

It's fair, I guess, I just feel like the only thing anyone remembers about me nowadays is that I'm trans.  Or that it seems like I solely come here to force a trans discussion where there wasn't one before.

Typically "man" and "woman" are gender terms, whereas "male" and "female" are sex terms.  There's also "masculine" and "feminine" as expression terms.  Although doing it this way doesn't leave any sort of word that collectively groups male/man/masculine together as one, which I find myself needing.  "The manly end of the spectrum"?  "Male-and-associated?"  "Testosteriffic?"  I've got nothing.

Of course not only are none of these actually in a binary, they're not even on a single axis each.  Gender's complicated.

But I'm a whole lot less offended with the male end of sex terms e.g. "biologically male" or "has a Y chromosome" than with the male end of the gender terms e.g. "a man."  I'm even okay with "yeah she's got a dick."  I don't mind crass, but I do mind inaccurate.

Also for fun, this is the best Trans 101 I've read to date.

Eh. So, does this answer the question Cviper asked? Do you have a vagina yet? Yes or no will do just fine.


http://left4nerd.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/end_of_evangelion_by_chr5d50-wallpaper-600x200.png

Offline

 

#49 1/20/2014 2:33 am

Mightyena
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 11/5/2008
Posts: 639

Re: Anyone alive?

Alchemist21 wrote:

I remember the Four Winds chat group.  Also the sessions of Nutsy Bolts.  I remember one time we had orc, shadowken, draco, and err...  I'm drawing a blank here.  Kayga maybe?  Anyway those were fun as hell and made me addicted to that game for a while.

I feel like I missed out on all the cool shit on these boards.

Offline

 

#50 1/20/2014 2:39 am

exe.Cute
Member
From: South Carolina
Registered: 8/12/2008
Posts: 4634

Re: Anyone alive?

shadowalex5 wrote:

Eh. So, does this answer the question Cviper asked? Do you have a vagina yet? Yes or no will do just fine.

exe.Cute wrote:

And no, I don't - and it's probably not important enough to me to warrant the expense, so that may never be a thing that happens.


While no longer active on these forums, I'm available by email if you'd like to talk to me.

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson