TWBoards.com

The official community for Territory War

You are not logged in.

  • Index
  •  » General
  •  » Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

#26 7/14/2014 6:15 pm

Walrus King
Member
From: Tennessee
Registered: 12/2/2009
Posts: 4570

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Kick2Legit wrote:

How could you not consider SW a TW3 clan or a top clan of 2013? Yeah we weren't playing TW3 as much due to the lack of clans to compete with and inactivity in others. I don't know if you knew but SW, TNT, and XS were all just one clan at one point. We made the decision to split up into three different clans because we didn't have any wars going on which is just about whats going on right now. Our decision to split up made clans in TW3 way more active and contributed to the activity of clans when clans werr as dead as they are now.

I wasn't saying they were never a clan but I'm saying I didn't think of them as a clan throughout most of 2013. I mean, we even offered wars a lot and often got the response "we don't play TW3". Plus it seems to me that Puri unintentionally confirmed what I was saying.


http://i55.tinypic.com/1zd14w3.jpg  http://i56.tinypic.com/24niult.jpg http://i56.tinypic.com/219xag6.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/4qle8g.jpg

Offline

 

#27 7/14/2014 6:28 pm

Seanishere
Member
Registered: 8/7/2012
Posts: 1333

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Because Tw3 was already on the rapid decline when R6 was around. Yes, I agree that Tw3 was dying anyway but all these cheat sheets and stuff like that just sped up the death in my opinion.

Offline

 

#28 7/14/2014 8:01 pm

shadow9997.0
Member
From: Washington
Registered: 5/25/2014
Posts: 151

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Cheats, autos, unfair gameplay, undercover accounts, most of them arose from clans.
Clans killed the game. Everyone thought because they sort of worked out in TWO, it would work in TW3.
Sadly, that wasn't the case.

Offline

 

#29 7/14/2014 8:08 pm

Puri
Member
From: California
Registered: 7/24/2011
Posts: 1062

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

i don't know what cheats are in the game, please explain why undercover accounts ruined the game? it was just a thing for fun back then and it ends up being a waste of time anyways. the only thing i agree that ruined competitive clan play would be memorized angles, because it's something afro didn't really want.


Simplicity is best.

Offline

 

#30 7/14/2014 8:10 pm

Marc
Member
From: Milky Way Galaxy
Registered: 10/6/2013
Posts: 139

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Puri wrote:

Not all of R6, I just say Upgrade. I remember how we didn't want an angle reader and Upgrade agreed to that. I'm saying he ruined TW3 because R6 no longer relied on skill, just Upgrades cheat-sheet, and I think it's sad some players actually saved it.

SW was always a clan and very active from the beggining of the beta stages of the game to early 2013 which was when they stopped, same for TNT and XS. Then we stopped playing because we eventually got bored and found interest in other games such as SSL2. But before retiring we were always warring most of the time so I don't know where you are getting that the three main clans rarely warred. Records are there for proof, except XS because ShotsFired deleted the original website.

R6 was pretty good after Upgrade came, I don't deny it. They just didn't really rely on skill. R6 would do terrible in wars before they learned angles, otherwise they were very hard to beat players because of the cheat-sheet.

That's funny. Wasn't I the one that beat you in like 5 minutes in a war? It's also funny because you're not stupid, you blocked nearly all my autos like Crazy does. Yet, you still talk trash. Crazy also knows, I've beaten him without autos before many times. You guys complaining about tw3 autos, then there is TWO.

Why the hate? I thought majority loved TWO more than TW3. Mainly because of the autos. Most of you relied on it, what makes it a problem in tw3 now? Be more creative, just because there isn't a fucking angle reader doesn't mean it's impossible.

Offline

 

#31 7/14/2014 8:15 pm

Marc
Member
From: Milky Way Galaxy
Registered: 10/6/2013
Posts: 139

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Another thing, Lucius for example found the autos LONG before I did & Upgrade. Most people started figuring out minor autos before us. It was going down that path regardless whether we sped it up.


@Sean, how you say you crazy, kick, rev etc know absolutely no autos is bull shit. I've seen Crazy use them before, adaptation xD.


Anyways, auto or not. Nearly every pro uses tricks, like nade view tip. There are different variations. That's just like autos. Everyone knew a mortar one too.

Last edited by Marc (7/14/2014 8:16 pm)

Offline

 

#32 7/14/2014 8:16 pm

Puri
Member
From: California
Registered: 7/24/2011
Posts: 1062

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

it's a problem because it's something afro-ninja wanted to get rid of. yes you beat in around five minutes in a war and what does that prove? beating a retired player who started to play again after almost a year? of course i'd block most of the memorized angles because i don't want to lose. i already explained why memorized angles worked well in two and not in tw3. there is no angle reader because afro-ninja didn't want any auto kills, so that's why i think making the cheat sheet was wrong. you didn't really play with us in 2012 and early 2013 so i see why you have a different view than us.

please stop bragging because according to some older players you were pretty terrible before r6.


Simplicity is best.

Offline

 

#33 7/14/2014 8:18 pm

Seanishere
Member
Registered: 8/7/2012
Posts: 1333

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

We certainly did not rely on autos alone in TWO, Marc. Sure there were more autos but I can assure you at least 80% were first turn kills. TWO required more skill because it was more grenade based. But in TW3 you can fire a mortar halfway across the map on most spots. Also going back to autos, I'd like to say everyone knew at least a decent amount of autos back in TWO, but in Tw3 one person will know every auto and the next will know only one or two.

And yeah sure Marc maybe the players I listed knew a few, but it was nowhere near as many as you guys knew. Crazy being an exception here cuz he's a bitch

Last edited by Seanishere (7/14/2014 8:19 pm)

Offline

 

#34 7/14/2014 8:23 pm

M4J0R P41N
Member
From: Scotland
Registered: 5/24/2013
Posts: 183
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Seanishere wrote:

Players like Crazy Puri Kick Rev and I basically know 0 autos at all and we still consider ourselves pretty good. However, pure skill usually cannot beat all autos which is why I don't think your tournament is very fair for that reason and a few others that we've talked about before.

Also, Calum, you defend autos like they were supposed to be a part of this game when they are not. It proves that most new players rely on autos more than skill because they've completely left out the skill part in their "training."

The game itself however presents the chance for players to be creative in strategy so why not with autos. I mean when you've played the game series for as long as I have you start trying to do things like measuring your tv for autos and shit because everything else is so trivial. Still think its silly how people can't block them like some of us, too easy. Lastly the skill element is clearly there in players despite the autos being used, you can't play a game for years and not be good.

EDIT: I completely agree with Marc, just read that.

Last edited by M4J0R P41N (7/14/2014 8:25 pm)


http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r775/Calum50/Screenshot_16_zpsl74eanwx.png

Offline

 

#35 7/14/2014 8:31 pm

Marc
Member
From: Milky Way Galaxy
Registered: 10/6/2013
Posts: 139

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Puri wrote:

it's a problem because it's something afro-ninja wanted to get rid of. yes you beat in around five minutes in a war and what does that prove? beating a retired player who started to play again after almost a year? of course i'd block most of the memorized angles because i don't want to lose. i already explained why memorized angles worked well in two and not in tw3. there is no angle reader because afro-ninja didn't want any auto kills, so that's why i think making the cheat sheet was wrong. you didn't really play with us in 2012 and early 2013 so i see why you have a different view than us.

please stop bragging because according to some older players you were pretty terrible before r6.

Of course I was bad before R6. I didn't know any nade tricks, mortar tricks, autos, nothing. OK, you don't know many autos (if any at all).. but nearly ALL of you have a mortar trick and nade trick (at least one of each, there are many variations).

I'm not bragging puri, I dislike the hate. Underrating a lot players. You once said Smasher was the best ever, now you're just saying they're nothing but autos. Which is false. Completely false.

Anyways, I'm outta here.


- Try this game out, www.TankiOnline.com It's the shit

Last edited by Marc (7/15/2014 12:39 am)

Offline

 

#36 7/14/2014 8:35 pm

Seanishere
Member
Registered: 8/7/2012
Posts: 1333

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

You used the phrase "As long as I have" as if everyone you're talking to is a new player.. I can guarantee we've all probably been playing longer than you...

And as I said before, I do not think that autos was the only reason tw3 is dead. It was already on a decline and yeah I agree that autos were going to happen eventually. But it was just the fact that so many autos were released at the same time, and it sped up the death of competitive play and tw3 itself.

Offline

 

#37 7/14/2014 9:52 pm

Revenge
Member
Registered: 3/29/2012
Posts: 543

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Why would someone waste time learning to block autos on a game that is dead.. and if you don't think that SW, TNT, and XS were some of the top clans in tw3 then I find that really funny because anyone can agree those clans had the best players. Like kick said we were all one big clan before, but I left sw because I got tired of asking for wars and hearing the response "oh it's you and ken in the war, no we don't want to lose" it got to the point where clans like SNM would just act afk every time we asked for a war or just completely ignored us. Mike you are right, but this game did have potential at one point.


http://i42.tinypic.com/2qai9ao.jpg

Offline

 

#38 7/14/2014 10:19 pm

Kai
Member
From: .red: 12/17/2010
Registered: 12/17/2010
Posts: 3812
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

tw2 and tw3 is a different game duh


http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7896/deadpoolsigfinalbigffch.gif
([tse] mp04:5 - mp21) [tsp] mp04:2 - ma9 morf yadkeew yreve toR no m'I ,klat s'teL !!!!!YYEEHHH
tsilyalp yM

Offline

 

#39 7/14/2014 11:51 pm

Puri
Member
From: California
Registered: 7/24/2011
Posts: 1062

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

M4J0R P41N wrote:

I mean when you've played the game series for as long as I have.

you have barely started playing this year. lets play without any of your memorized angles and see how well you do.


Simplicity is best.

Offline

 

#40 7/15/2014 12:44 am

Kick2Legit
Member
From: California
Registered: 6/9/2012
Posts: 282
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Puri wrote:

M4J0R P41N wrote:

I mean when you've played the game series for as long as I have.

you have barely started playing this year. lets play without any of your memorized angles and see how well you do.

Oh shit damn get roasted

Offline

 

#41 7/15/2014 12:57 am

shadow9997.0
Member
From: Washington
Registered: 5/25/2014
Posts: 151

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

The spread of autos discouraged a lot of the new players.
Anyone not in a clan was right off the bat, at a huge disadvantage.
You people don't take into consideration those who weren't in clans and how many of them felt having one or two guys dead after the first turn. It was to the point where the most fun clans had, was finding autos.
Afro wanted to get rid of autos and people went against his wishes.

Offline

 

#42 7/15/2014 1:59 am

Chilly Dog
Member
From: 12
Registered: 12/12/2012
Posts: 94
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

shadow9997.0 wrote:

The spread of autos discouraged a lot of the new players.
Anyone not in a clan was right off the bat, at a huge disadvantage.
You people don't take into consideration those who weren't in clans and how many of them felt having one or two guys dead after the first turn. It was to the point where the most fun clans had, was finding autos.
Afro wanted to get rid of autos and people went against his wishes.

Not bad shadow. Doesn't even seem to be you.


http://www.auplod.com/u/apoudl29d41.png

Offline

 

#43 7/15/2014 3:46 am

...Ghostt...
Member
From: California
Registered: 2/18/2014
Posts: 307
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Haha yes someone that sees that, he is a pussy shit that won't reveal who he really is because he is hates by most I'm guessing ?

Offline

 

#44 7/15/2014 3:59 am

Puri
Member
From: California
Registered: 7/24/2011
Posts: 1062

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

no, shadow has always been shadow.


Simplicity is best.

Offline

 

#45 7/15/2014 4:17 am

...Ghostt...
Member
From: California
Registered: 2/18/2014
Posts: 307
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

That's not how shadow talks at all.  He can't go a sentence without calling someone a "feg"

Offline

 

#46 7/15/2014 4:36 am

shadow9997.0
Member
From: Washington
Registered: 5/25/2014
Posts: 151

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

I'm still Shadow....

Offline

 

#47 7/15/2014 4:41 am

...Ghostt...
Member
From: California
Registered: 2/18/2014
Posts: 307
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Nah fake shadow

Offline

 

#48 7/15/2014 5:09 am

shadow9997.0
Member
From: Washington
Registered: 5/25/2014
Posts: 151

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

If you find a way for me to prove it tell me.
I can log in to my TW3 account or xat, but other than that idk.

Offline

 

#49 7/15/2014 8:15 am

User972302
Member
From: I am 18 yrs. old
Registered: 1/14/2011
Posts: 5590
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Marc notified me on facebook about this thread. Six months ago I might have had the patience to read through everything and respond, but I don't anymore. I just don't care.

So I'll try to keep it brief.

I made the cheat sheet originally because I wanted to post it on TWBoards to "level the playing field," since Kai, Ken, etc. were angry that memorized angles made it unfair. Marc and I were finding angles anyway, because naturally it gave us an advantage and that's something we knew how to exploit. Sorry if any of you resent that, but we did end up on top and that was our only goal.

Marc convinced me not to post the cheat sheet, because he said that would ruin the entire game and most of all, R6 would no longer be as dominant. I decided he was right, so I kept the cheat sheet a secret. Over time, we very carefully decided which players from our clan we could share it with. We tried to pick only people with potential whom we could trust. We were always paranoid about the cheat sheet getting leaked.

Lo and behold, it did get leaked. A long while after I stopped playing I think. I got a notification on facebook from Steven that someone had leaked the cheat sheet, so I did my best to hide the site but I knew someone would have taken a screen shot by then. But to be honest I didn't care at that point--I had stopped giving two shits about TW3, so to me it was dead.


Blitzkrieg makes me laugh thinking back, because it was almost the most successful tournament ever in terms of participation, sheer hours devoted, and intense competition (I think exe's pandora box tournaments were better though, quality-wise). It all went to shit because my point system was retarded lol. So yeah after Sean's remake and everything, after it all lost steam, TW3 went back to its boring, uneventful state.



I don't know, I have to go now, that's my two cents. I just don't care enough anymore to try to analyze this any further.

See ya


- Upgrade


http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab29/97SNM2010/newsig2.png
TWO War Record: 163.5 - 42.5 (est. 50 matches missing) TW3 War Record: 114 - 45
Total War Record: 277.5 - 87.5 Notable Opponents

Offline

 

#50 7/15/2014 9:35 am

M4J0R P41N
Member
From: Scotland
Registered: 5/24/2013
Posts: 183
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Kick2Legit wrote:

Puri wrote:

M4J0R P41N wrote:

I mean when you've played the game series for as long as I have.

you have barely started playing this year. lets play without any of your memorized angles and see how well you do.

Oh shit damn get roasted

Well I've been on and off for almost 5 years in this community, played this for a year now. Sure I'll play you and win without "autos". It'll just show that in a shorter period of time I've became better at the game than you.


http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r775/Calum50/Screenshot_16_zpsl74eanwx.png

Offline

 
  • Index
  •  » General
  •  » Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson