TWBoards.com

The official community for Territory War

You are not logged in.

  • Index
  •  » General
  •  » Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

#51 7/15/2014 2:46 pm

Rodimus Mike
Moderator
From: Chicago
Registered: 12/20/2010
Posts: 3475

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Revenge wrote:

Mike you are right, but this game did have potential at one point.

I disagree. Think of the best indie game out right now, maybe something with simple graphics that you can get on Steam. Something like Papers Please or FTL. Now, those were very popular games that sold well. Now let's turn back time to when they were created and convince the creator to publish them on Sega Genesis cartridges and not on Steam. Potential means SH and IT when you're platform is dead.

I'm not saying nobody plays flash games, just next to nobody. Is TW3 broken? I think a lot of it is people trying to find reasons to dislike it to explain it's current state. Any of the problems people complain about like bad maps or whatever else could be fixed with updates, but updates only occur if the game is popular and has life. TW2 had just as many problems if not more but it did well because the platform was thriving with users. There are way worse games that do a lot better because they're an app and people play on phones now, heck a large percentage of my friends don't even own desktops, just tablets.

I know the fanbase would have bitched about TW3 not being on Flash like the other two games, so Afro should have went the same route as Kingdom Rush. You publish a limited Flash version for free and then a deluxe version for sale on Steam. That game did very well and I think TW3 could have worked like that as well.


http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/mars1566/lastsupper_zps73b080aa.jpg

Offline

 

#52 7/15/2014 3:32 pm

Kai
Member
From: .red: 12/17/2010
Registered: 12/17/2010
Posts: 3812
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

User972302 wrote:

I made the cheat sheet originally because I wanted to post it on TWBoards to "level the playing field," since Kai, Ken, etc. were angry that memorized angles made it unfair.

Tf I wasn't mad

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d6/c4/36/d6c43608d395fa538493d04f4420d53c.jpg


http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7896/deadpoolsigfinalbigffch.gif
([tse] mp04:5 - mp21) [tsp] mp04:2 - ma9 morf yadkeew yreve toR no m'I ,klat s'teL !!!!!YYEEHHH
tsilyalp yM

Offline

 

#53 7/19/2014 9:12 pm

Guil404notfound
Member
From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Registered: 2/15/2011
Posts: 305
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Hi, I'm Guil and I'm laughing at how you guys still care.

Bye.

Offline

 

#54 7/20/2014 1:29 am

Immortal
Member
From: 'Murica
Registered: 1/9/2011
Posts: 349

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Hi, I'm Fred, I'm laughing because I just realized Guil was still alive.

Bye.


If it's too tight, pull out.

Offline

 

#55 7/20/2014 1:57 am

Slicknife
Member
Registered: 7/10/2010
Posts: 6605

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Does anyone have the Upgrade's Cheat Sheet saved or something? I wanna see it.

Offline

 

#56 7/20/2014 2:57 am

Seanishere
Member
Registered: 8/7/2012
Posts: 1333

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Up deleted it once everyone got access to it

Offline

 

#57 7/20/2014 3:18 am

...Ghostt...
Member
From: California
Registered: 2/18/2014
Posts: 307
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

There are more sites of autos still.

Offline

 

#58 7/20/2014 9:11 am

M4J0R P41N
Member
From: Scotland
Registered: 5/24/2013
Posts: 183
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Slicknife wrote:

Does anyone have the Upgrade's Cheat Sheet saved or something? I wanna see it.

lol wut


http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r775/Calum50/Screenshot_16_zpsl74eanwx.png

Offline

 

#59 7/20/2014 2:25 pm

Seanishere
Member
Registered: 8/7/2012
Posts: 1333

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

What are you confused about all he did was ask for the link to Up's auto sheet

Offline

 

#60 7/20/2014 7:13 pm

TheNGIS
Member
From: Here
Registered: 4/23/2013
Posts: 563
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

I never even knew about this cheat sheet, but I guess I could've gotten it easily if I was on much back then

Offline

 

#61 7/20/2014 7:32 pm

...Ghostt...
Member
From: California
Registered: 2/18/2014
Posts: 307
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

It's hard to get the footing precise angle and everything in 45 seconds most people didn't get in time unless that practiced them, they aren't that useful mostly makes you lose your turns.

Offline

 

#62 7/21/2014 4:14 am

Afro-Ninja
Admin
From: Philadelphia
Registered: 6/13/2008
Posts: 2515
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

There's always been a lot of speculation on the subject.
I think it really does come down to flash as a dying medium, but I do also think that I tried to overthink the game's strategy element and in doing so made it less accessible to new players (like angle removal and iterating the stage design process x 1000)

It's not that flash is completely dead, it's just that it seems like the only big games that get by these days are the big MMO games with boobie girl advertisements.

If I really poured time into it I think I could get a new crowd of players into TW3, it's just that it feels like more and more work for less and less reward.
My heart hasn't been with TW for a long time and there's just a lot of other things I want to work on.


Afro-Ninja Productions
http://afro-ninja.com

Offline

 

#63 7/21/2014 4:15 am

Afro-Ninja
Admin
From: Philadelphia
Registered: 6/13/2008
Posts: 2515
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

That being said, there is still a consistent daily playerbase, according to the stats.


Afro-Ninja Productions
http://afro-ninja.com

Offline

 

#64 7/21/2014 3:35 pm

Seanishere
Member
Registered: 8/7/2012
Posts: 1333

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

If you look at the lobby you won't see more than 15 or 20 players on though

Offline

 

#65 7/21/2014 7:32 pm

Walrus King
Member
From: Tennessee
Registered: 12/2/2009
Posts: 4570

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Seanishere wrote:

If you look at the lobby you won't see more than 15 or 20 players on though

That's a consistent daily playerbase. I'm actually surprised there's that many people on because the few times I get on there's less than 10 people. TW3 has consistently had about 15 to 20 people on at a time since at least the beginning of 2013 so at least it isn't going down, I'd say that's good news.


http://i55.tinypic.com/1zd14w3.jpg  http://i56.tinypic.com/24niult.jpg http://i56.tinypic.com/219xag6.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/4qle8g.jpg

Offline

 

#66 7/22/2014 1:43 pm

Chilly Dog
Member
From: 12
Registered: 12/12/2012
Posts: 94
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Walrus King wrote:

Seanishere wrote:

If you look at the lobby you won't see more than 15 or 20 players on though

That's a consistent daily playerbase. I'm actually surprised there's that many people on because the few times I get on there's less than 10 people. TW3 has consistently had about 15 to 20 people on at a time since at least the beginning of 2013 so at least it isn't going down, I'd say that's good news.

Agree. At the time of the day I go in there's like 3 to 7 players. The problem is no one wants to play, only BS each other.


http://www.auplod.com/u/apoudl29d41.png

Offline

 

#67 7/29/2014 11:49 am

M4J0R P41N
Member
From: Scotland
Registered: 5/24/2013
Posts: 183
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Tempted to release my full auto collection in order to "level the playing field".


http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r775/Calum50/Screenshot_16_zpsl74eanwx.png

Offline

 

#68 7/29/2014 2:50 pm

Walrus King
Member
From: Tennessee
Registered: 12/2/2009
Posts: 4570

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Do it nub.


http://i55.tinypic.com/1zd14w3.jpg  http://i56.tinypic.com/24niult.jpg http://i56.tinypic.com/219xag6.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/4qle8g.jpg

Offline

 

#69 7/29/2014 5:12 pm

Kick2Legit
Member
From: California
Registered: 6/9/2012
Posts: 282
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

We dont want your autos lilnub. And why are you saying level the play field as if you're better than everyone else

Last edited by Kick2Legit (7/29/2014 5:15 pm)

Offline

 

#70 7/29/2014 5:52 pm

Puri
Member
From: California
Registered: 7/24/2011
Posts: 1062

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

so the great prophet of tw3 has decided to speak of this dead game and hand out his wisdom and knowledge to less than 10 people who still play competitively. http://i59.tinypic.com/10cjk9s.jpg


Simplicity is best.

Offline

 

#71 7/29/2014 6:37 pm

shadow9997.0
Member
From: Washington
Registered: 5/25/2014
Posts: 151

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Hahahahhahahahahahhaa.

Offline

 

#72 7/29/2014 7:27 pm

M4J0R P41N
Member
From: Scotland
Registered: 5/24/2013
Posts: 183
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

LOLOLOL You bitch about not having them, then when I offer them you don't won't, such a lil bitch. Thought I'd offer anyway just so you don't need to make topics smile


http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r775/Calum50/Screenshot_16_zpsl74eanwx.png

Offline

 

#73 7/29/2014 7:36 pm

Puri
Member
From: California
Registered: 7/24/2011
Posts: 1062

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

because we refuse to use them because they don't require skills, you as dense as pd.

i made this topic because i wanted to address some problems of competitive game play with clans, which wasn't like this before.

if i wanted to use autos, i could waste my time looking for some like you, upgrade, and marc, but that is not the case here.

Last edited by Puri (7/29/2014 7:39 pm)


Simplicity is best.

Offline

 

#74 7/29/2014 7:48 pm

M4J0R P41N
Member
From: Scotland
Registered: 5/24/2013
Posts: 183
Website

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Puri wrote:

because we refuse to use them because they don't require skills

Don't bitch about not having them then?
Already made my point of view clear on autos, I think it's lazy not trying to compete with them.

NB: If I gave out my autos, you would still complain. Puri mentality = complain about everything, even things he wanted in the first place.

Last edited by M4J0R P41N (7/29/2014 7:51 pm)


http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r775/Calum50/Screenshot_16_zpsl74eanwx.png

Offline

 

#75 7/29/2014 8:01 pm

Puri
Member
From: California
Registered: 7/24/2011
Posts: 1062

Re: Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

i don't want to know them/have them, i think you can't read right or something.


Simplicity is best.

Offline

 
  • Index
  •  » General
  •  » Why I think TW3 is dead and how Upgrade ruined it.

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson