TWBoards.com

The official community for Territory War

You are not logged in.

#1 2/10/2011 11:19 pm

CViper

[GAMEPLAY] Shooting Glitch

Do you want it in/out? Why? Useful/less? Alternatives? Need for an alternative?

Pros

- Good strategy,
- Widely used and liked.

Cons

- Offensive Camping,
- Hard to combat with wasting limited ammo,
- It's a glitch, nothing more.

Undecided points

- Is it effective against trapping?
- Would other alternatives (not just upgraded pickaxe) be a more appropriate solution?

Last edited by CViper (2/10/2011 11:23 pm)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/crimsonviper_/Manchester-1.png

Be Alert! Britain Needs Lerts!!

#2 2/10/2011 11:23 pm

exe.Cute

Re: [GAMEPLAY] Shooting Glitch

GAMEPLAY will do.

Honestly I've always been a fan of it, and unless there's a compelling reason against it I wouldn't want to see it removed.

While no longer active on these forums, I'm available by email if you'd like to talk to me.

#3 2/10/2011 11:25 pm

Shrub

Sure, it was a glitch in TWO, but it wasn't even close to gamebreaking, and nobody complained about it. I vote it stays, simply because there's nothing wrong with it, and it became a part of the game that people just accepted without question after a short time. It doesn't prevent offensive camping because they need to be in screen's length to hit them.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/AbsoluteSil3nce/ShrubNewSig.png
Signature limit: 700x140

#4 2/10/2011 11:27 pm

User972302
Website

I vote it stays because although it's a glitch, Afro decided to keep it because it makes the game more interesting. I agree with him.

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab29/97SNM2010/newsig2.png
TWO War Record: 163.5 - 42.5 (est. 50 matches missing) TW3 War Record: 114 - 45
Total War Record: 277.5 - 87.5 Notable Opponents

#5 2/10/2011 11:29 pm

RhineStone Cowboy

Well, the way I see it used most is certainly against camping. Quite often it will come down to one team having one player with low health left, building a wall in front of them is a last defense. Then, if the opponent can just shoot through the wall, the last stand is eliminated. A lot of people may see this as a good thing, I don't. It would cut down on comeback opportunities and I would say the game is more likely to be predetermined early off.

There are certainly other ways of preparing for a last stand , but it would just be setting up a camping strategy earlier off. I think looking at it you can see ways it would both prevent and enable trapping. I prefer the game without it, though.

There are of course a lot of variables in my scenarios, but I think it gets the point across.

I wouldn't be devastated if it stayed, far from it, but again, I do prefer it not being part of the game.

I don't see it as being a defense against trapping though, I rarely see it used in that sense.

You're not your Facebook status. You're not how many friends you have. You're not your smart phone. You're not your applications. You are not your fucking iPad. You're the all-planking, e-consuming crap of the world.

#6 2/10/2011 11:52 pm

CViper

I meant it promotes camping not the reverse.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/crimsonviper_/Manchester-1.png

Be Alert! Britain Needs Lerts!!

#7 2/11/2011 12:10 am

RhineStone Cowboy

Well I am saying something different.

You're not your Facebook status. You're not how many friends you have. You're not your smart phone. You're not your applications. You are not your fucking iPad. You're the all-planking, e-consuming crap of the world.

#8 2/11/2011 12:41 am

Twinfan

I think it's safe to say that it was 1 of the most agravating aspects of TWO, to be trying to mount a comeback, and you lose simply because someone got close enough to your defense wall. I would vote to take it out, especially if other things are implemented to combat camping.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2iapgqo.jpg
I am no longer an active member of Twboards, but if you need--or want--to talk to me, I have left the option of sending an email available. If you abuse it or spam me or something, I will A) Promptly remove the email option, and B) Hunt you to the ends of the Earth. Choose wisely and I wish you all the best of luck...

#9 2/11/2011 1:12 am

Kai
Website

It's just, very, VERY useful and it's a huge gamechanger so I'm not sure what to say for this one. If you're going to allow it, I'd say you have to make it more official and have an easier way to do it. If you're not going to allow it, well think of a way that could replace this somehow

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7896/deadpoolsigfinalbigffch.gif
([tse] mp04:5 - mp21) [tsp] mp04:2 - ma9 morf yadkeew yreve toR no m'I ,klat s'teL !!!!!YYEEHHH
tsilyalp yM

#10 2/11/2011 2:56 am

Rodimus Mike

It's a good tactic to counter trapping, and a missile or an upgraded pick axe would be a fine counter against it. I always liked it, so I'll vote to keep it.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/mars1566/lastsupper_zps73b080aa.jpg

#11 2/11/2011 3:53 am

RhineStone Cowboy

1. It's not a vote.
2. How does a missile counter trapping?

#12 2/11/2011 4:31 am

Rodimus Mike

RhineStone Cowboy wrote:

1. It's not a vote.
2. How does a missile counter trapping?

1) It was just a simple use of dialogue, everybody knows these discussions are not definite additions to any game.

2) Someone up against the wall shooting doesn't mean invincibility, shoot the wall and he takes damage. My point was just that it doesn't break the game and can be countered. There's probably a thousand different ways to counter it that I'm not aware of. Choose your favorite tactic and insert it.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/mars1566/lastsupper_zps73b080aa.jpg

#13 2/11/2011 8:47 pm

User972302
Website

Shrub wrote:

I vote it stays

User972302 wrote:

I vote it stays

Twinfan wrote:

I would vote to take it out

Rodimus Mike wrote:

I'll vote to keep it

#14 2/11/2011 8:52 pm

Kai
Website

User972302 wrote:

Shrub wrote:

I vote it stays

User972302 wrote:

I vote it stays

Twinfan wrote:

I would vote to take it out

Rodimus Mike wrote:

I'll vote to keep it

I vote to keep it.... only if it's official, just so that kids won't say hey dude you're glitchin i'm tellin mom kthxbye *sniffickles*

([tse] mp04:5 - mp21) [tsp] mp04:2 - ma9 morf yadkeew yreve toR no m'I ,klat s'teL !!!!!YYEEHHH
tsilyalp yM

#15 2/12/2011 4:31 am

RhineStone Cowboy

This is not a democracy.

Also, if it was, Mike's vote wouldn't count.

Plus not everyone with an opinion has voted to keep it, this is mostly because there is no vote....

A lot of the posts on this thread are just terrible. If you don't have anything worth while to say get leukemia and die.

ME wrote:

Well, the way I see it used most is certainly against camping. Quite often it will come down to one team having one player with low health left, building a wall in front of them is a last defense. Then, if the opponent can just shoot through the wall, the last stand is eliminated. A lot of people may see this as a good thing, I don't. It would cut down on comeback opportunities and I would say the game is more likely to be predetermined early off.

There are certainly other ways of preparing for a last stand , but it would just be setting up a camping strategy earlier off. I think looking at it you can see ways it would both prevent and enable trapping. I prefer the game without it, though.

There are of course a lot of variables in my scenarios, but I think it gets the point across.

I wouldn't be devastated if it stayed, far from it, but again, I do prefer it not being part of the game.

I don't see it as being a defense against trapping though, I rarely see it used in that sense.

Does someone want to address my opinion or just throw down personal opinions without reasons?

#16 2/12/2011 12:34 pm

User972302
Website

It's okay Rhine, don't get frustrated, I was making a joke by posting the "votes" trying to point out that you targeted Mike for something that a bunch of people did already.

Obviously it's not a vote, we all know that. Like Mike said, it's a way of talking that conveys one's opinion about the given topic.

Sure I'll address your opinion:

Shootthru walls are not most often used against campers; rather, they are most often by campers. (Example: Player A is in his "fort" protected by a wall at Jungle, and shoots Player B on the rope with a rifle at the end of the game.)
The "last stand" point you made is one of a hundred different ways of surviving in a last stand. Most often, a wall placed correctly will not allow for someone to shoot through it. (Example: at Crystal Cavern, put the wall in the middle of the stage next to the blue crystals so that if Player A from the left tries to shoot through, the angle will be too high and will only make it to the edge of the wall.)
Shoot through walls is one of the great advantages to anyone mounting a comeback. (Let's say Player A is at Castle, right side, and is down to one player with 80 health. He is located on the middle castle and will soon be bombarded by opposing grenades if he doesn't move. So, he runs back to his fort by means of jumping off of his platform to the bottom entrance to his fort. He places a wall to protect against grenades on that turn. Then, he goes up to the top, and when Player B gets to the middle castle, Player B will not be able to expose himself because of the possibility of Player A shooting him through his own wall.)
It is most certainly used against trapping. When trapped between walls, a player will be quick to shoot through the wall if the opponent is exposed.

#17 11/28/2014 6:29 pm

Kai
Website

Spam!

tsilyalp yM

Board footer