The official community for Territory War
You are not logged in.
1. Toggle options: I would enjoy the ability to "toggle options" with another player. If both players agree on something, and click the "advanced options" button it would bring up a menu with things like "Enable/Disable Rockets" and if both players agree to remove or add something to the game it will be made so in the match. This would obviously require co-ordination between the players using the chat box.
2. Falling damage: I know this was....thought of before, but I want to put a spin on it. What about if you only took falling damage if you were harmed and fell off of something to land on something hard. So, if you were kicked off the tower in castle, you hit dirt/mud. 0 falling damage. However, if, per say, you were at the top of "The Pit" and got kicked directly down unto one of the spikes you would take falling damage. This would look like any other surface but it would have "special properties" and in TW3 could be implemented in certain areas to make players think twice before carelessly setting up atop a tower.
3. ROCKETS HAVE LIMITED FUhttp://www.twboards.com/post.php?fid=4EL: Please, I hate getting shot across the map at the very beginning of the match. Just make it disappear after a certain distance. O_o Or explode when it runs out of fuel?
4. Stamina: Doubles a characters movement for one turn but then leaves him unusable next time around. <--- could be better revised.
5. A "grab" function (Defense): I would love it if when my character rolls to the edge of a platform he grabs the edge and hangs there. Next time you use him you can either pull yourself up and use a weapon, or drop, move, and then use a weapon. Now, before you say, "SUCH A BAD IDEA" it wouldn't always work, you would have to be going VERY slowly, like the very end of your bouncing around after an explosion. It would only work on objects that had a 90 degree or greater angled corner, and the kick attack nullifies this effect. Happy? (Edit, this could be an alternative if it WON'T use to much computing power: Make it a 45% chance of grabbing within the above mentioned circumstances.)
6. A "grab" function (Offense): The grab effect could be used in movement for those jumps you just barely didn't make. Or maybe when you just want to scale the enemy fortress. Basically when you jump you use a different button than the normal jump to indicate you wish to grab a ledge. The ledge has to be within a certain height and at or greater than 90 degrees. Next time you come around to the player he can pull himself up and throw that grenade right into the sweet spot of the enemy's base. (Edit, can be similar to a weapon, with unlimited uses but a recharge of one cycle.
7. MY MAP!: I call it, the sewers.
It would be like that Do you like the manhole idea?
Last edited by anikay (12/5/2010 10:34 am)
1: Toggle options are a excellent idea, select what weapons you can and cannot use, just perfect (especially for the rockets).
2:Sounds fairly good, unfortunately it would be a very consuming on the computer and would jam up the system (just like the idea of you vs CPU games with destructible terrain). Besides its useful not to have fall damage (unless it was just from attacks alone).
3:Dont believe its going to actually happen, simply for the fact its the only unlimited flying distance weapon. Taking that advantage away would cause alot of distraught in the game. Maybe like a no fire zone at specific angles for the first 2 rounds of each team, that way they can at least some of the most vulnerable players.
4:It should be something that is a strict limit in the weapons slot (2 for 4v4 matches and from there). But I am liking the fact of leaving him useless the next time his turn is supposed to come around.
5:Instead of just every time by luck he just bounces onto the end of the section, like make it a percentage wise possibility of if he gets the grab (35% grab rate [example]). However that may take up too much computing power.
6:May come in VERY handy for maps with alot of difficult surfaces. But also make it something thats in the weapon slot, like your proposed stamina boost.
7:There is a Suggest -a-map thread where this can go --> http://www.twboards.com/viewtopic.php?id=35. Fairly good concept however. Only issues is getting one grenade onto the block with player 5 and 4, player 5 can easily get auto 'naded. The tiny surfaces will make it very hard to land grenades on. The toxic waste floor is a good idea, forces them to try and get out of the sludge faster. One more thing, enclosed maps are "apparently" a BIG no,no as shown in one of my maps "the submarine" http://www.twboards.com/viewtopic.php?id=4661 (if you comment post here, go to hell). And finally, I dont think Afro is taking anymore requests, but good luck anyways
Thanks! I like some of your ideas, I'll edit my post.
The sewers is pretty big, so the enclosure doesn't matter much, plus, if you built platforms you could technically get out unto the street.
Pretty beast ideas. Only one I hated were the grabs.
ideas 1, 2, and 4 have all come up before
i think 1 is a good idea
2 would just make gameplay a pain in the ass, i really think that would ruin the game. Right now, the purpose generally is to get the high ground, if you get damaged for falling, people will hesitate to go high, which will leave stale games of camping and just running across the map ground level. Not to mention, although i loved two, a big part of it was luck, with this, luck will play an even bigger role, and we want to limit that
3, just no, stupid thing to say, thats the point of rockets, to be able to go anywhere anytime. if it makes you feel better, experienced players dont use 1st turn rockets
im not crazy about 4, but it isnt a terrible idea, although im not a big fan of 2+ attack turns for the price of 1
for 5 and 6, i just think there is no point to it, its just taking up space on the game code, it doesnt do anything, rather unnecessary
i like the concept of a map under the sewer, but youd have to space it out carefully since there would be a roof on it. also, with your current design, other than the graphics at the top, it doesnt look like a sewer at all, its just a bunch of floating platforms, you need to actually make the entire map match your theme.
finally anikay, dont listen to vinnie, hes an idiot, his map submarine didnt get blasted because it was enclosed, it got blasted because it was absolutely terrible and anyone who seriously suggested the concept of a submarine needed a good kick in the ass, which you will detect by his posts.
Vinnie, your map got flamed because all you could do is pickaxe, kick and build. Anything else would have been suicide or completely pointless. If you want an idea of how to do an enclosed map properly, Green did a fairly decent map so look at that.
You didn't drop it you fuck